Post accident questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fireman08: sorry that happened to you. dam!

Update from me IRT my DIV. He said the check would be mailed out Friday, but didn't say which Friday, .....he said I should have it by the beginning of the week...As of last night no check in my mailbox.

I got stuff to buy I don't have time for this BS!!!

I finally received the check Last Friday.

FINALLY.

I was concerned as I got a letter from my insurance that said although they had received the funds from Gieco, there was some dispute going on.

I was concerned that that might hold up my DIV claim.

I cant imagine what dispute, I was in a funeral procession, flashers on, big tag in windshield, and the officers report puts her 100% at fault.

No, we did not make it to the cemetery, but I was able to drive to the wake.

Anyway, I am satisfied with 3100, its more than I expected. By the time I sell the truck it wont matter.

best advice I a can offer about DIV is remember its a long game. Be patient and try not to get pissed, if they sense that you are losing!. If required, pad your estimates in your favor. Don't ask your dealership for an actual estimate, they freak out. I asked for a difference , on average, of how much less they might give me on a trade in.
Use NADA or the like and note the difference in value between your pristine in value vehicle and its now poor condition.
Its all estimates so, like the air force, AIM HIGH.
the sure as **** gonna low ball you.

Try to do this on your own. I casually mentioned at one point that I didn't want to get a lawyer involved but wasn't opposed to it.

Sometime that alone can move things along a little faster.

Different companies have different processes and formulas etc. so ask up front. You'll probably get a BS generic" tat depends" answer but politely persist and always ask pertinent questions.

Sometimes a pertinent question is " Why aren't you answering my questions?" or perhaps, " Your being very vague and that makes me think I might need legal representation, what's your response to that"

leading questions etc.

GL to all and I hope you never need this advise.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 Ram with a 6 inch lift and 35's and was in a wreck today. I was T boned on the drivers side, and spun around a few times. My side airbags went off but the drivers door popped open after the impact. Nothing like spinning around with the drivers door open . Not sure whats worse, Diminished value ( 3 weeks old) or a fixed but possible messed up truck. Stinks either way

Frame bent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro