Power inverter install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azmp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I would like to add the power inverter to 14 express. Would I be so lucky that the wiring is ready there and it would be a plug and play install, provided i procure the inverter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do have the actual plug that plugs into the outlet in the dash but I cannot figure out where the wires go from there into the main harness. You will also be missing the harness that goes from your truck to the seat. I'm actually in the process of wiring my inverter in now it is really not difficult to do. 00/RT did a write-up on it if you search the 4th gen DYI section you should be able to find it. it's pretty much a standalone system. He also figured out how to make it work without having the dealer have to activate the code. I should have mine done by next week I just been too busy to finish it.

OP
OP
Azmp1

Azmp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I do have the actual plug that plugs into the outlet in the dash but I cannot figure out where the wires go from there into the main harness. You will also be missing the harness that goes from your truck to the seat. I'm actually in the process of wiring my inverter in now it is really not difficult to do. 00/RT did a write-up on it if you search the 4th gen DYI section you should be able to find it. it's pretty much a standalone system. He also figured out how to make it work without having the dealer have to activate the code. I should have mine done by next week I just been too busy to finish it.

Cool thanks man! Let me know how it goes and any tips you may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed factory inverter

OK I finally found the time to finish my factory inveter install and it works great. I followed 00/RT'S post in the 4th Gen DIY. It isn't bad at all to install if you follow his instructions. My truck had the conector for the plug in the dash but I ended up just wiring my own plug. It is easier than trying to trace all the wires after they go into the main harness. Alot if colors are duplicated so I felt it wasn't worth taking the chance of tapping into the wrong one. My truck has none of the other required wiring so it was much easier to just start fresh and make my own. I bought the correct connectors for the seat plug and the outlet with the pins and just made my own. The only thing I did different on my install was tap into my power outlet on the right side of my center stack for my ignition on power and ground. As 00/RT stated by tapping into the ignition on hot for the inverter signal no sales code is needed. It works exactly as it would if it came in the truck. Thanks again to him for a great writeup.

20161204_153320.jpg

20161204_153255.jpg

OP
OP
Azmp1

Azmp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Very nice, thanks for the details!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk