prerunner parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
d250
Engine
im looking to give my 87 d250 a prerunner feel not a full on prerunner. ive seen them done but cant find parts/kits anywhere. would like some helpful info if possibly

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick google search led me to this,
Dodge Suspension Lift Kit

Being that your truck is an 87, there may not be any full on kits or parts like fenders out there seeing as the demand wouldn't be high. That being said though, there isn't any problem with you building your own or piecing your own together.
What is it exactly you're going after for the feel?

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, they might need to be custom fabricated. The aftermarket was never too fond of the Gen1 trucks.

OP
OP
O

oldblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
d250
Engine
i want the look and to beef up the suspenion so it can handle the bumps and lift it a little bit. i wouldnt be doing jumps just driving fast on bumpy terrain

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
check out carli suspension. I dont think the have a anything specificly for 1st gens but if you email them and talk to them they might have so componets that will work and beable to piece something together. That is what most of the 2500 guys who do the desert jumpin use. Also someone else to check would be Icon suspension. they are relativly new but are making some good products.

Carli Suspension Components and Lift Kit Parts for Dodge Ram 1994-2012
Performance Suspension Systems, Coil-Over Shocks, Uniball Upper Control Arms, and Lift Kits for Trucks and Suv's

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like mentioned above there isn't a whole lot of aftermarket for gen 1 trucks.

, If you're mainly after looks you can try finding some different wheels to give it a meaner stance, fab up a bumper, same for a tire gate, fenders, etc.

For suspension, if you wanted a long travel kit like prerunners you'd have to fabricate it yourself or get a shop too. If you'd just like some lift though search around the web for something you like. When I googled your year for lifts there were a few options. You can always ask a company too if they can help you out with some custom parts.

Icon like mentioned above has great stuff from what I've read and been told, good enough for me to get their projects. They also have awesome customer service who don't mind answering your questions. Same for carli, they've made some nice trucks that fake some abuse!

Good luck!

OP
OP
O

oldblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
d250
Engine
where have you found lifts? ive havent found much for the 2wds only rear lifts, leveling kits, and body lifts

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The stuff I found was for 4wd trucks unfortunately. The only things I could find for 2wd were air bags, oem replacement style parts, and shocks if you already have a lift, just no lift which was odd lol.

88rambigblock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985, 1988, 2001
Engine
1970 coded 440 big block
I have been looking trying to help you out, but no luck, I can't even find Prerunner stuff for 4x4. I wish I could find prerunner stuff because that is just plain cool.

OP
OP
O

oldblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
d250
Engine
i did some looking and came across some chavy stuff. the 88-98 chevy prerunner suspension parts will jusst about bolt up to the older chevy pickups. would this work for dodge? im thinking prerunner parts from a 2nd gen if they would bolt up to the first gen. if anyone knows if they are interchangable please tell me you will have made my day

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2nd gen stuff might work with some modification. But if your just going for a look and not the actual functionality of a prerunner with the crazy amount of travel they have then just call up some one like top gun customz and tell them what you have and i sure they can piece you together a lift kit. For the back its not really hard a set of deavers or some lift blocks and longer shocks. Not sure how the suspension is in the front is it sfa or ifs?