Prices for Integrated Trailer Brake Controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am about to add the Factory Brake Controller to my truck and have been shopping around for the part. The dealer wants aproximately $250 for it. The Mopar websites want $204 and I found a couple on Ebay for around $180.

Anyone have any idea if the Ebay one is an actual Mopar piece or just a mock up.
Mopar Factory 2013 2014 Dodge RAM Integrated Trailer Brake Controler | eBay

I do not wanna run into any warranty issues and will pay the $200 if need be, but if I can save a few bucks why not.

Thanks for the help!

B.Miller92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
I just read the description and it says even if you install it yourself, you have to take it to the dealer to have it programmed to the truck so I would think you would be better off just letting the dealer do it because then its already there and they can program it right away

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If that dealer price includes re-programming, I'd go that route.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dealer charged me $480 or so for the controller + install. was a 3 hour job so guessing about half the price was labour

OP
OP
HemiStarPower

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea $250 is for the part. No Labor. Its like 100 just for the programming.

RangerGress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0l turbo diesel
I got mine from a dealer for ~$300 installed. Shop around.

OP
OP
HemiStarPower

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I ordered the Brake Controller and I am about to install it. Today I was going thru my EVIC and I saw that I have all the settings and controls for Trailer Gain but no Brake Controller is installed yet. Does this mean I do not have to get my computer flashed or is this there for everyone?

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
you might not have to have your truck flashed, i recently installed the brake controller, that i actually purchased from the same seller on ebay. my truck did not have any of the trailer settings in EVIC before i had the truck flashed to accept the brake controller.

have fun with the install, the bracket is a pain to get all three screws in. leave the radio bezel off completely as you will have to access the screw locations from next to the left air vent.

OP
OP
HemiStarPower

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got it in stalled. I could not get the third screw in...what a PITA!!! I spent an hour but my hand just could not maneuver around to put it in. So after I got it installed, I went to the EVIC and I have the Trailer Gain and Trailer Trip but do not have the option to change the brake type or any other setting. Is this normal until the trailer is connected? Attached are some pictures.

Attachments

• photo 2-3.jpg
    photo 2-3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 368
  • photo 1-2.jpg
    photo 1-2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 414

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
i have the smaller EVIC in my truck, not sure if it is different on the fancier version...

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got it in stalled. I could not get the third screw in...what a PITA!!! I spent an hour but my hand just could not maneuver around to put it in. So after I got it installed, I went to the EVIC and I have the Trailer Gain and Trailer Trip but do not have the option to change the brake type or any other setting. Is this normal until the trailer is connected? Attached are some pictures.

i have the uconnect 5 so it could be different but i have the trailer brake type option at all times

OP
OP
HemiStarPower

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took it into the dealer and they said they needed to flash it to activate the rest of the funcitons.

OP
OP
HemiStarPower

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had it flashed today and there must have been a Update to the 5.0 because they did not charge me and it mention PCM Update "Warranty" on the bill. Everything is working and I have full selection of my trailers.