problem with hoses on the Power Steering Gear Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverThunder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hey! So i just replaced my Power Steering Gear Box and for the life of me, I cant get the return hose or the pressure hose to go back in the gear box. The pressure hose uses a hard line at the end so it seems impossible to got the hose where it needs to be. If y'all have any advice, I'd appreciate it.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Would it be possible to start the threads into the gearbox before it is bolted solidly in place? Just to give you a little wiggle room.

Tryin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Be careful not to cross thread the fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
When I was working on heavy duty trucks with assisted steering we could almost never get the lines on without cross threading if the gearbox wasn't half unbolted. Loosen the bolts on the gearbox until it is easy to attach the hoses, then tighten them back down.

Then just make sure you top off the reservoir after bleeding it by taking the steering to the hard stops on both sides a couple times. Then check again after 50 miles.