Problems with my late 02- mileage for one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thehatter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a late 02 1500 quad 4x4, auto, 4.7, long bed canopy. I used to get 15-16 mpg on the hwy. Now I am lucky to get 12-13. The engine in it now is a rebuild, the original broke an exhaust valve rocker stud, that dropped the valve into the engine (163k mi?). Instead of repairing, I just bought a rebuild from Fraser Engines in MI (now 10k). The milage on the new engine is about the same as the old one and pretty much everything has been replaced. Does anyone have ant thoughts on this issue?

The other thing is the damned cruise control. I am on my 3rd clock spring, and although it's not working again, I am not sure the clock spring is the issue this time, but I haven't found anyone that has had any problems with their cruise.

OP
OP
T

thehatter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IS there anyone on this group? BTW, the problem I had with the engine is what was wrong with my rig the first time I posted.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do you only post when you have problems? Like all two of them in almost two years?

OP
OP
T

thehatter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I had anything to contribute . I would post. I read posts that might apply to my truck or my interests. I don't make irrelevant comments or post questions unless i legitimately need help. I don't find the need to be a total ******* by making other people feel small or online bullying. Thanks for your help.