prodigy p3 brake controller install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott scanlon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Hydro Blue Ram Sport, 1996 Ram Sport
Engine
our new Hydro Blue did not come with factory brake controller, I have a Prodigy P3 which we use in our 96 Ram. the new Ram was purchased to replace the 96 to pull our Flagstaff travel trailer. my question is does this install as easy in to the 2018 as it did in to the 1996, bought the Tekonsha wiring adapter for the 96 and it was a breeze, will this be a plug and play on the 2018? thanx in advance for any input or advice

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
yes, just get the correct wiring adapter
the hardest part will be where to mount it

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Connector is under dash just above gas pedal. It's wrapped on foam along with another connector

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Your P3 is a great brake control. I think it' a better, stronger braking unit than the ITBC my truck came with. Has more options and I always liked the boost settings.

The factory IT BC works great too, I have no issues with it, I just feel the P3 is a little better. Good luck! As you said if Takonsha makes the harness for the newer rams then your set, it'll be plug and play