Projector headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OLEred03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My headlights just came in tonight. I have a set of retrofit style projector headlights. I also ordered a resistor and relay wiring harness to go with it. They came with no instructions and I can’t seem to figure out how exactly these are to wire up. Attached is a couple of picture of the lights and the light with the ballast attached the light and the resistor/relay wiring harness. I really need help on figuring out this resistor harness, was hoping to install them Saturday morning. I know the headlights plug directly into the factory plug and the ballast plugs into the back of the headlight but I don’t know where the resistor harness goes.46f9e8a47cd61ab1b72884bc3918fa09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk503d58baaecc05cd09d9d74fa3bd185a.jpg7ad91a997893f8748376859c6081a38e.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
OLEred03

OLEred03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the insight on this. I knew these headlights weren’t true retrofit lights but I figured I’d try them anyways and see how they work. I plan on putting them in this evening. I was able to talk with a few friends and with the help of google I found out some things I was needing to know. I bought a 9006 plug to wire in so I would have a power source for the relay since my truck is originally 9007. I appreciate the help, I’ll post some pictures this evening of the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OLEred03

OLEred03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I got the headlights installed. Now the only problem I have is that my lamp out light is still on in the dash. I have both resistors wired in like they are supposed to be I do believe. Could it be that I don’t have high beams?

OP
OP
OLEred03

OLEred03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t believe it has a solenoid, what do those look like? And I’ll have to get a pair of resistors and wire those in.

OP
OP
OLEred03

OLEred03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These headlights do have a high beam, I was just under the assumption that since it was only a 2 wire bulb that it was only low beam, but they do have a high beam. I am now having problems with the headlights staying on after they are turned off, so much so that it has killed the battery. I’m having to pull the fuse each time to make sure they go out. Could the HIDs be causing problems with the headlight switch?