Projector Installation Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foxy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey, guys. Newish member here, been lurking for a while. I wanna preface this post by saying I really don't know my way around headlights, so enlighten me if it seems like I'm missing out on anything.

That said, I've got a '16 Big Horn with the standard reflector headlights. I came across the opportunity to swap these with a set of projectors at no cost to me, and I was hoping you guys could talk me through everything I'll need to do so.

Now, it should be pretty simple to swap the housings themselves, but what about bulbs? Will the bulbs I've got in my truck work with the projectors, or should I plan on buying new ones? This is where I start getting lost between the different bulb types along with everything that comes with them (harnesses, ballasts, CANBUS, etc). I was hoping it could be as simple as swapping the housings and keeping my bulbs, calling it a day. Is this an option, or will I have a few more parts to order?

Thanks in advance!

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Talk to Jeremy from Retroshop.us He will have the needed harness to go from your headlights the a projectors. The hardest part of the entire job is the clip on the back side of the headlight.