Pulsing lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I was looking into getting lights that pulse to the bass in music. What would be the best brand (type) and way to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not sure but you mean like the ones on youtube that do it to xmas music those are bad ass.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Haha. More like when the bass hits hard the lights get bright, and then its just barely hitting they're dimmer. No bass they're off. Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
simple as **** but depending on your wattage and all that the strips wont last long unless you add in some resistors or fancy stuff like that. buy a regular led strip from walmart or online and just tie the strip into the speaker wire that goes to your amp. Or just connect them straight to the amp where you would plug the speaker wire into. like i said, it might not last long but my friend did this and his has held up for a few months now.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
find the lights you want. find out how much power they can handle in amperage. find out how much amperage your amp puts out to the speaker wires at full bass/volume. find the correct resistors to bring the amperage down to what the lights can handle. mount the lights how you desire. wire them up with the resistors to the speaker wire. done.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Sounds cool..especially for a show truck

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
find the lights you want. find out how much power they can handle in amperage. find out how much amperage your amp puts out to the speaker wires at full bass/volume. find the correct resistors to bring the amperage down to what the lights can handle. mount the lights how you desire. wire them up with the resistors to the speaker wire. done.

smart version of what I kinda said.. thanks :waytogo: