Push button start, is your '17 fickle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no issues on my 17 PW with starting or shutting off

OP
OP
JRam5.7

JRam5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks guys. Since pressing both the button and the brake deeper (unlike my 300) I haven't had an issue.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just barely press the brake, but now I push the button and hold it down till I hear it start, works great

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So just got a 17 1500 and Ive noticed more times than not, I either have to hold the button down longer than my '15 300S or I have to repress it a 2nd time. Other times It works as it should, 1 press immediate start...

Also the remote start is almost just as temperamental.

Am I the only one?

I thought I was the only one having this issue and was going to bring it up when I took my 17 ram in for its first service. My 14, you just pushed in the brake and tapped the button and she fired up. This one you have to push the ignition button hard and twice or it will not start. Wondering also if this is something Ram changed?

KLEEEEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
not a 17 but my 15 R/T starts up no problem. My issue is with the longtubes and tune my remote starts the truck but it runs for several seconds and shuts down. Good luck with your issue.

lakingslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've found that I need to make sure I press the button solid to start. There are times I've gotten in and hit the start button and no go. I don't adjust my pressure on the brake but I do make sure I hit the button more solid and pronounced and it starts. I drive my two BMW's more than the truck so I have muscle memory on starting those which might be my issue with the truck. That is soon to change in January as I'm getting rid of one of my cars and I'll be driving the truck more consistently so I may change that statement later next year.

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2017 Laramie.

I also have the issue. You press the button and it would try to start then die. You hit the start button again the second time and it would start.

I don’t tap the button. I press the button for maybe 2-3 seconds, so I’m not sure what the problem is. The issue is very intermittent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk