Put truck back to stock - Now having issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

so I had a BT 2/4 on my truck with a Spohn adjustable panhard and hellwig rear sway.

I put the truck back to stock about a month ago. A couple things I have noticed.

About a week ago the truck started squeaking. When I go over bumps, when I brake, or even when I get into the truck. It will squeak whenever the suspension compresses. At first I thought it was the springs squeaking, but after trying to google this issue looks like some people say it is the shocks.

I have never lubed up a bushing on the shocks when I have swapped them out (when I put the lowering shocks on, or when I put it back to stock, or when I swapped shocks out another time). This is the first time I have ever had this issue.

I can not pinpoint the sound, other than coming from the rear and sounds like the shocks or springs or sway bar end links? Some threads I read seemed to think that if the upper shock mount bolt is too tight (or too loose) it can cause squeaking. I know mine are on pretty tight.

Another issue I noticed when I put the truck back to stock is, the truck leans left quite a bit. Now I know a lot of the ram's lean left (gas tank weight) but this thing was leaning left by quite a bit. I did not take measurements but it was VERY noticeable to the eye. When it was lowered it also leaned left, but not as much.

Additionally, the front right tire seems to stick out further now, past the wheel well, while the front left tire sits flush. I never noticed it sticking out before when it was stock or when it was lowered. Also, after putting the truck back to stock I also got an alignment done. So it is within factory spec for the alignment.

Any advice? Tips? Anyone have experience with this?