Pyle audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Alright, so i am working on building up my system for my truck. JL audio su band 4 channel amp, Hertz Speakers all the way around, all already bought. I need a second amp for the sub but i've got a buddy at an audio store thats gunna get a perfect match for what we are looking for. What i am curious about, is peoples experience with Pyle. I'm looking at getting one of their decks, and for around $150 i can get my hands on a DVD, cd everything touchscreen with a 7" screen. either pop up or pop down. So that sounds pretty tempting since it has the 3 Preouts i need fro my system, they have decent "customer reviews" but i'm just not sold. I'd love to have the touch screen, but at the same time cheap technology is just that, cheap. But at the same time once tech gets to a certain point, todays cheap tech is yesterdays expensive tech. So i am up in the air. what do ya'll think, or do you have any actual experience with pyle?

for my 02 cummins, and fyi, here are the two i am looking at

PROVANTAGE: Pyle PLD7MU 7 inch Single DIN TFT Touch Screen DVD/MP3/MP4/CD-R/USB/SD/AM/FM/RDS

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLTS77DU-Single-DIN-Motorized-Touchscreen/dp/B002E31136/ref=pd_sim_e_12

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious, but why would you run a JL amp and then cheap out on the H/U?

OP
OP
loki223

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Money. Everything to date have been deals and hookups through people i know. The H/U is the one spot where i can't get a deal for what i really want. The Pyle stuff is in the price range of the good single dim that will work and be a trusted brand, but i would prefer a touch screen. i jut can't afford the $400 or more to get a name brand touch screen. My budget for the H/U is $200 short of me finding a way to increase my income drastically. And i view it as i should be able to make most of the money back reselling the Pyle locally if i want to upgrade to a better name brand down the road. Where as buying just a single dim, i won't be able to make the money back as easily. I'll be lucky to get $50, where i should be able to get $100 for the touch screen if i upgrade.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
IMHO, save more, worth it in the long run...get what you want.

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
I honestly never tryed pyle but they just dont seem to do it for me. Id run a single din deck like a pioneer with no screen but thats just me. If a screen is a must then Id recomend power acoustik. Ive built plenty of budget systems.

This one i recomend used in a 3rd gen ram
-doesnt really work with usb ipod just aux (idk if it bothers you)
-can be wired to play dvd while driving just ground video wire.
Power Acoustik PTID-8920 7" Touchscreen DVD/MP3/DivX LCD Monitor

if it were me id go with this. Plus it will match and sound good with amp and hertz speakers you got.
Alpine CDE-122 (CDE122) DIN CD Receiver w USB Front Aux & Pandora

OP
OP
loki223

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The power acoustik is definitely in the right price range for me. and capabilities. It has the 3 pre outs, and i don't care about IPOD capabilities as i don't use Ipods, and don't let others in them in my rigs. The alpine only has 1 set of preouts, so i can't use it. Since i will be running my speakers and my sub off amps, i need those extra pre outs. lol. but the power acoustik is definitely in the running, i'll be doing some more research on it.