Quad beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeyW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 318
Hey y’all I just bought an 01 ram 1500 sport and I’m trying to figure out what the last owner did. I haven’t messed with wiring a whole lot but they converted the quad beams to duals. I’ve included a photo. The brights led on the cluster is on at all times but it does switch between lows and brights on the road. I’d like to concert it back though the lights suck bad at night.

Thanks you guys, mike

0216B6F3-330E-42BD-9F98-B7E27670614E.jpeg

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Ohh, boy, fixing that is going to take a little bit of know how.

First, try to find the other half to those wires, thats a start. It looks like they cut the quads on that and left the lows alone. If they used some sort of LED or HID replacement that uses an electronic ballast or DC/DC converter, you're going to have the high beams indicator on all the time if the ballast or DC/DC converter is leaking ground to the high beam wire.

A quick test is to unplug the headlights and put two regular bulbs in, does that solve the problem with the indicator?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
First off, what do you mean quads to duals? If you have 2 bulbs per headlight currently, that's factory correct for a 99+ sport. And if you're trying to go back to single bulb per headlight you'll be modifying the factory setup and going backwards at the same time

Edit: reread it and your post makes way more sense than i initially caught

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
That single bulb setup is likely going to be a 9004 as that's what the housing will take. You'll have to trace wiring and see where they started swapping wires around

OP
OP
M

MikeyW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 318
Thank you guys I’ll take a look at it here in a bit and get back to ya. merry Christmas y’all!