quality tailgate light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
anyone know a good place to look? i so far have went through 2 so far that didnt last...was wondering if you guys know of one that wont break the bank...ive seen small ones just above the licence plate thats amber..that would be nice also...ive seen a few around but dont know the quality.

Attachments

• TrailFX-LED-Tailgate-Light-574px.jpg
    TrailFX-LED-Tailgate-Light-574px.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 109

Whiteannerdy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Great question. Would love to know this as well.

Which brands have you used or were they eBay/amazon no-name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great question. Would love to know this as well.

Which brands have you used or were they eBay/amazon no-name.

Easy question!! Opt-7 has tail gate light bar that imo out performs any I’ve seen! I wired mine into my tow harness to a female connector under the truck so you aren’t seeing the ugly connection next to your license plate and it keeps ur connections available to use if u need to tow without having to disconnect the light car.

80$ well spent.

https://youtu.be/T2UK3itUm3c

BEAST19
'15 Ram 1500 5.7L
Blacked out brilliant black bighorn
Fully functional hood
Custom quad switchback halo
Fuel vapors wrapped in 33"x12.5nittos
MBPR Exhaust
ARH Longtube headers
Pedal Commander
Vararam intake
Diablo i2
Painted bushwhacker flares
Color matched cab spoiler
87mm TB

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hands down Opt-7!!! Reverse is bright as hell, amber blinkers and VERY well built. I used a 7pin inline adapter that has a 4pin off of it for light bar. Like Beast said, all wiring hidden behind bumper.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the first version of the Opt 7 with just the red turn signals, have been on for two years and have not missed a beat...not one led has failed.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Anzo version that came from Oreileys that’s pretty good. Although something happened to the backup light circuit, it works pretty good.

Although I do like that Opt-7 one up there. Not sure I like the amber turn signals being that we don’t have amber turn signal markers in our factory tail lights but sure do like the pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
looks like opt7 winz

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anzo makes one that goes on top of the tailgate, but as far as I can tell, they don't make it for the Ram.:thumbsdown:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually, now that I think about it, mine is a Putco brand...dd6fa8d34e3812bb472fcb545912bd48.jpg

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I just got the Triple row OPT7 with the red sequential turn signals. So far so good, had it on about a month now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had the recon tailgate light bar on my old truck for 6 years no issues.. still worked when I traded it in.. didn’t think to pull that off for on this truck til I saw this thread tho...

Whiteannerdy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the Anzo version that came from Oreileys that’s pretty good. Although something happened to the backup light circuit, it works pretty good.

Although I do like that Opt-7 one up there. Not sure I like the amber turn signals being that we don’t have amber turn signal markers in our factory tail lights but sure do like the pattern.

Can order them in red turns signals. I agree that Amber isn’t appealing on these trucks.

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do you put one of these on working around around the hole for the spare tire?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can order them in red turns signals. I agree that Amber isn’t appealing on these trucks.

For what, the Anzo like mine or this OPT-7 that everyone’s talking about? Which by the way, disregard what I said in my post #12, I was at Oreilly’s last night and mine in fact is the Anzo brand, and they had it in both the 5 and the 6 function- 5, being like mine where everything is red and the backup lights is clear and the 6, which has the amber turn signals and the clear reverse lights.

This OPT-7 is also like that as well where you can get it with amber or red turn signals.

http://www.opt-7.com/redline-triple-led-tailgate-light-bar-with-reverse-sequential-turn-signals/

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you put one of these on working around around the hole for the spare tire?

That’s a good question, I’m not sure on these 4th-Gens but on my 3rd-Gen I removed that black plastic piece from the hole so that the light would fit flush to the bed since it uses double-sided tape, and mounted my Anzo as high up over the hole as I could, but not too high as the tailgate would pinch the light bar when the tailgate was fully dropped.

Haven’t ever had a flat yet(knock on wood) but I did have to drop the spare since then for whatever reason and since I was careful, the rod worked all right with the upper portion of the hole being covered up.

My light bar’s pretty thin and has a low profile but I’m not sure about dimensions of this one. Hopefully someone will chime in.

8a9b058a78f25520807d0223b3352cbf.jpg

Whiteannerdy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Curious has anyone here ordered the opt-7 with the “adaptor module”. It says to use this if you have a backup camera, rear park assist or tow assist.

What exactly does this adapter do?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7