quality tailgate light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Curious has anyone here ordered the opt-7 with the “adaptor module”. It says to use this if you have a backup camera, rear park assist or tow assist.

What exactly does this adapter do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No adapter needed on your Ram. I have all that with their Redline bar and no problems.

Whiteannerdy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What year is your truck?

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
could you just run a red LED light strip and power it from the taillight? You could find a red LED strip on Amazon for $15 or less.

snobnk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Gone thru 3 Putco blades in a year, now number 4 when installed failed immediately. My shop is talking to PUTCO now to try and resolve.....

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Curious has anyone here ordered the opt-7 with the “adaptor module”. It says to use this if you have a backup camera, rear park assist or tow assist.
What exactly does this adapter do?

Keeps the truck from thinking that there is a trailer attached. But I'm pretty certain that it's only needed for Fords...

-K

Bo Daggart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Easy question!! Opt-7 has tail gate light bar that imo out performs any I’ve seen! I wired mine into my tow harness to a female connector under the truck so you aren’t seeing the ugly connection next to your license plate and it keeps ur connections available to use if u need to tow without having to disconnect the light car.

80$ well spent.

BEAST19
'15 Ram 1500 5.7L
Blacked out brilliant black bighorn
Fully functional hood
Custom quad switchback halo
Fuel vapors wrapped in 33"x12.5nittos
MBPR Exhaust
ARH Longtube headers
Pedal Commander
Vararam intake
Diablo i2
Painted bushwhacker flares
Color matched cab spoiler
87mm TB
Is that your video?
I'm cracking up over it. "Son" "what's up?"

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that your video?
I'm cracking up over it. "Son" "what's up?"

Hhah yea thats me lol a few of my.buddies and I are always boasting and showing off our mods to our trucks via video lol they always have some dialogue to go with it lol

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Buzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 pullin the War Wagon
I am going to have to get another paper route to pay for all these great add=ons

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Gone thru 3 Putco blades in a year, now number 4 when installed failed immediately. My shop is talking to PUTCO now to try and resolve.....

Oh **** that is not good. I just installed my Putco. I know the warranty is good but I don’t need that failure rate.

Bo Daggart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I wasn' going to get a putco till they came out with a red turn signal. Glad I waited.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OPT7 is the way to go

Does OPT7 make one that doesn’t have amber turn signals? Not that I don’t like the amber turn signals, I just don’t think they go good with h the red turn signals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Does OPT7 make one that doesn’t have amber turn signals? Not that I don’t like the amber turn signals, I just don’t think they go good with h the red turn signals.

Yes they do I got mine off amazon

60" Redline TRIPLE LED Tailgate Light Bar w/ Sequential RED Turn Signal - 1,200 LED Solid Beam - Weatherproof No Drill Install - Full Function Reverse Brake Running 2yr Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0771WDRHH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Ik1IAbV30SP5R

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO

Damnit, I didn't even realize that on my Putco. Good thing I don't see it, as it would now drive me crazy.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered one of those OPT7 light bars on Amazon but when I went to OPT7’s website just to look around and while I was at it, made sure I ordered the right lightbar but looking at the product on their website there’s a check box for adding some kind of adapter module if your vehicle has a rear camera, tow assist or parking sensor. What’s that all about? I do have parking sensors and a camera on the tailgate. Don’t know what tow assist is but I do have them other two.
http://www.opt-7.com/redline-triple-led-tailgate-light-bar-with-reverse-sequential-turn-signals/

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered one of those OPT7 light bars on Amazon but when I went to OPT7’s website just to look around and while I was at it, made sure I ordered the right lightbar but looking at the product on their website there’s a check box for adding some kind of adapter module if your vehicle has a rear camera, tow assist or parking sensor. What’s that all about? I do have parking sensors and a camera on the tailgate. Don’t know what tow assist is but I do have them other two.
http://www.opt-7.com/redline-triple-led-tailgate-light-bar-with-reverse-sequential-turn-signals/

that's for Ford trucks IIRC

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I guess I’ll be finding out. I got on OPT7’s chat support and they said if you have any of that stuff - towing assist, backup camera, parking sensors - that some applications have issues. They didn’t say to which vehicles.

I’m assuming you guys that have bought these light bars for your Rams have at least a back camera or park sensors, correct? Y’all ain’t having problems with them, are ya?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well, lets think about what could be interfered with and why:

Backup Camera - The possible issue that I could think of here is if your vehicle turns off the tailgate camera when it thinks there is a trailer hooked up. I know my 2014 does not do so and I don't think any other RAM year does either, 2019s being an unknown as yet.

Parking Sensors - Similar to the camera, does the truck turn off the rear sensors if it thinks a trailer is hooked up? I don't have the Park Assist system but according to page 192 of my owners manual: "The ParkSense® system will automatically disable when the system detects that a trailer with trailer brakes has been connected to the Integrated Trailer Brake Module." The key there is "with trailer brakes". You're not hooking anything to the brake wire when you use the 4 wire plug. So again, I do not see an issue here for RAMs.

Trailer Brake Controller - The RAMs do not automatically activate tow/haul mode or anything similar when a trailer is connected (at last mine does not) so again, I'm not seeing any possible issues here.

Just my opinion, but I think you'll be fine.

-K

Seawri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 hemi
I just got an opt7 last week.. Love it!! The length was a little off and had to remove the plastic grommit for spare tire key. $90 for the one i got but it adds a great look to the truck