questions for stock looksand minor modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Katze

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 V8
ok im new to the ram so im not sure on some of the period correct things for my 83,

1. is there anyway to get the rpo codes reprinted? mine is nasty and partially corroded away.

2.my tailgate is in really bad shape, and i need a new one, is there any thing supossed to be on it? right now its plain white with the strip that goes across, when i see others i see other stuff on it like silver paint on the embossed rectangle and the dodge lettering. am i supposed to have that?

3. which i asked the last question because i found out that im supposed to have prosepector badges (i know that because of rpocodes and imprints in the bed) is there anywhere i can find reproduction ones? if not im just gonna keep a sharp eye in junkyards

4. the hubcaps are probably gonna be the hardest, theres nothing wrong with the caps themselves but two are missing the centers that say dahlmer-chrysler, how rare are those? also the rims themselves need repainted, they are white and black, im sure they were white, but shouldi keep it white or paint them black?

Last edited:

LBC970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Post a picture of the ones you have, I might have 3 available if they are the same thing.

EDIT: I should be more specific! The hubcaps, I have 3 hubcaps I will be taking off very soon.

LifetimeDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
1984 1985 1977
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Under the cowl panel on the RH side is a Data plate for your truck or take the seat out & look in it for the build sheet they're also found under the carpet over the trans tunnel a lot of times