Questions you should know the answers to but don't... Post here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Perfect [emoji106]. How long till you can safely put it back on ? Do you have a back up should you need to drive somewhere ? I’m looking at CAI’s now [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wait till it dries. I usually put it on my furnace overnight or in the summer leave it out in the sun for an HR or two. Once I was in a jam and put the filter in the clothes dryer right on the sweater dryer drawer thingy.. Dried it in a cpl of minutes. I have a replacement cone filter for my wife's avenger but I just got the vararam for the ram and those filters are $80!!!!

blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
View media item 25460
only had the truck for about a month, 2017 Big Horn package, read thru the manual and can't figure out what this is.. (the 4 icons next to the tach)...looks like an instrument cluster, two smiley faces with arrows with the word speed in between and another icon on the bottom that looks like the front of a truck

1500canoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
View media item 25460
only had the truck for about a month, 2017 Big Horn package, read thru the manual and can't figure out what this is.. (the 4 icons next to the tach)...looks like an instrument cluster, two smiley faces with arrows with the word speed in between and another icon on the bottom that looks like the front of a truck

Those are icons telling you what "screen" you're on in the EVIC. In the picture, it's telling you that your EVIC is on the speedometer screen. They're not super useful really, but when you're fast scrolling through the screens it can be helpful to see what's next so you can stop in time on it.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Here's my "I should know" question:

I have a 2013 2500 with the standard radio and CD player in the center console.

My question is about the USB and the small stereo jack.

Does the USB port do anything other than charge? ie. phone

Do I use the stereo jack to link music from my phone?

The radio does not recognize the phone when plugged into the USB port so this is where I'm getting my assumptions.

Thanks in advance for the help!

CBTBOB

U.S. Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I called the original dealer the truck was transferred from today and they didn't know either, but told me it probably had custom wheels and lock nuts on it as an upgrade and they may have taken them back off to put on another truck. That would explain the fact that the limited wheels on my truck were not available for 2017 ,but were still on my truck. 2 Mysteries solved?

My 18 Longhorn had factory wheel locks on it. I put the mud flaps on it myself.

20180401_205253.jpg

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Here's my "I should know" question:

I have a 2013 2500 with the standard radio and CD player in the center console.

My question is about the USB and the small stereo jack.

Does the USB port do anything other than charge? ie. phone

Do I use the stereo jack to link music from my phone?

The radio does not recognize the phone when plugged into the USB port so this is where I'm getting my assumptions.

Thanks in advance for the help!

The USB simply charges your phone. If its like mine you have unplug and replug everytime you want to charge it. The 3.5mm aux jack will play music from your phone or mp3 player, just need the cable which usually run under 10.00 just about anywhere.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The USB simply charges your phone. If its like mine you have unplug and replug everytime you want to charge it. The 3.5mm aux jack will play music from your phone or mp3 player, just need the cable which usually run under 10.00 just about anywhere.

I have an iPhone 7 without the jack but it did come with the jumper. My son in law gave me a cable but still doesn't seem to work. Going to try a new cable and see if that works. Thanks!

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning-3-5mm-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B01LXJFMGF

this should work along with a 3.5mm cable.

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Receiver-Transmitter-Transmission/dp/B00P20TFWM

You could also get something like this to make use of the phones bluetooth, then you don't have to worry about cables coming from your phone.

Thanks for the reply. I have the lightning adapter but the cable I have may be bad. I didn't know that Bluetooth receivers were available. I am buying one now. Thank again.

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
Picked up a new 17 Sport last week. Do the locks always try to unlock when you touch behind the handles? Seems like they would wear out a lot faster by doing this. Especially if the truck is already unlocked..... kinda dumb.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Picked up a new 17 Sport last week. Do the locks always try to unlock when you touch behind the handles? Seems like they would wear out a lot faster by doing this. Especially if the truck is already unlocked..... kinda dumb.

I have an express without fancy Locks but in the setting for “door and locks” or something like that you’ll see the setting for unlock. You can only have driver which is what I have when I press my fob. Two for all doors. I wish there was a third or separate for tailgate.

You should be able to make the changes in your settings.

Usually if you’re doing it at a passenger side door it’ll auto unlock all the doors. At least that’s how my wife’s SUV works. Good luck and enjoy what is probably the sexiest truck ever built [emoji12]

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights.