quick question about foam cannons....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iHemiMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I like mine, use it every wash. But it’s not a replacement for actually washing with a mitt as stated above, but it does cover a lot of surface area and is pretty effective at getting every spot on the truck. They’re worth it, but only if your dedicated to using it every wash..

2016 5.7L Ram 1500 QC

Ramsolid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 v8 gasser
My $20 cannon from Amazon works great , had it for over a year now , i too soak then use a mitt

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks @stimpy433. Got the cannon delivered today. Appears to be built well, feels solid. I don't expect it to break very easily. Looking forward to using it.

IMG_20180630_194623.jpg
IMG_20180630_194735.jpg

mathews8pt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks @stimpy433. Got the cannon delivered today. Appears to be built well, feels solid. I don't expect it to break very easily.

Got the same one a couple weeks ago. Works good with the meguiars gold soap I picked up.

I like having the foam cannon but it’s definitely just another tool for hand washing that makes it quicker. Although I bet I could use it and just rinse on my truck that’s been ceramic coated and it would look pretty good for a few weeks with no mitt needed. I have to get this new truck coated soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the same one a couple weeks ago. Works good with the meguiars gold soap I picked up.

I like having the foam cannon but it’s definitely just another tool for hand washing that makes it quicker. Although I bet I could use it and just rinse on my truck that’s been ceramic coated and it would look pretty good for a few weeks with no mitt needed. I have to get this new truck coated soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. I still have about a 1/2 bottle of that meguiars gold soap left, glad to hear that worked fine. I definitely got this for the sole purpose of being able to soak the whole truck down in one shot before I hit it with the mitt. Not sure why some people would think the cannon would let you bypass that step. As nice as that would be, It's just soap on a truck!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is pretty informative about one way to use a foam cannon and throw away your two buckets with grit guards:

I’m getting a foam cannon delivered today, think I’ll get some extra Mitts and give that detailers method a try