RA4 connects to Media when nothing is plugged in. Anyone have this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kgirot58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I upgraded my RA1 to an RA4 from OEM Auto Parts (awesome plug and play upgrade!!). There is one weird thing it does that I wonder if anyone else has seen. I use an Audible app on my phone to listen to books and also have listened to music from my phone, both via Bluetooth. When done listening, I close the app. Next time I get in the truck, the radio switches from Radio to Media and displays the title of the last thing that I was listening to but does not play anything because the Audible app (or music app) is not running on my phone. It will even let me hit the Play button and then the Pause button, like it thinks it's playing something. I have to hit the Radio button to set it straight. Any ideas why it does this? Anyone else have this problem?

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
I upgraded my RA1 to an RA4 from OEM Auto Parts (awesome plug and play upgrade!!). There is one weird thing it does that I wonder if anyone else has seen. I use an Audible app on my phone to listen to books and also have listened to music from my phone, both via Bluetooth. A minute or so after I start the truck, the radio switches from Radio to Media and displays the title of the last thing that I was listening to but does not play anything because the Audible app (or music app) is not running on my phone. I have to hit the Radio button to set it straight. Any ideas why it does this? Anyone else have this problem?

Make sure the audible app is completely closed when youre done or it will start up the last thing played upon connection. My phone will do it unless I close the Music app after I leave my truck.

-JT

OP
OP
kgirot58

kgirot58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Make sure the audible app is completely closed when youre done or it will start up the last thing played upon connection. My phone will do it unless I close the Music app after I leave my truck.

The apps are definitely closed, in fact Audible was last open two weeks ago.

thanks,
Kenny

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
The apps are definitely closed, in fact Audible was last open two weeks ago.

thanks,
Kenny
Sometimes with android (app specific) even though you back out they stay running.

-JT