Raced a 16 Silverado 2500hd-6.0...LOST

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty' started by SHOOT2KILL, Dec 26, 2016.

1. mtofell

mtofell Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    So, can we conclude that the hot girl in the other truck having an orgasm weighs less than a snow plow? Or, was there more to this story problem? :roflsquared::roflsquared:

Okay, in all seriousnes, it wouldn't surprise me if a chevy 6.0 could take our 6.4 Hemi. As someone mentioned the Chevy probably has 4.10 gearing and I would bet snowplow girl's panties that the tranny on the Chevy has better ratios. I've been pretty disappointed with my truck's flat out acceleration as the OP describes. My old Dmax diesel would leave my Hemi in the rearview (with a cloud of pre-DPF diesel smoke to boot :)).

This truck has actually made me drive a bit more conservatively (probably a good thing). I'm more likely to just fold into traffic rather than trying to pass 3 cars before the merge.

2. smiley3303

smiley3303 Super Moderator Staff Member

Ram Year:
    2009 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4WD
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    I only wonder after reading this why they can't make the Aisin standard on HD trucks.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. mondo

mondo Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 cummins
    It's funny reading what the anti racing people post. But yet they read and click the thread to read about it. Was there interest or was it just to complain?. You tell me....lol.

Good job OP. That plow was like a billboard mounted to the front and you still have a good run

smiley3303 likes this.
  4. Hootbro

Hootbro Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2015 2500
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4

A stabbing guess would be due to cost. Right now it is a $2600 option and only for the 6.7 diesel with the 3.42 axle ratio.

To make it standard across the HD line would mean a higher base cost and probably a different ASIN model for the gas motors and their axle ratios would be needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2017
  5. reloaderguy

reloaderguy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Power Wagon
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    FCA makes an AISIN model for the 6.4 3500 C&S trucks. It's a $1600 option.

RAM_Designs likes this.
  6. smiley3303

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    I know cost might go up slightly but reputation would be better and if they made them standard then they could save by not having to have the other less desirable transmission. They did this with the Hemi often making it the same or even less money to buy since cost per unit was reduced. I wouldn't buy one without the Aisin and that is my plan for next truck.

7. Tomslick

Tomslick Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    You won

Dude if you were going 100 mph with a plow blade on the front, and you lived to talk about it, You definitely won. Crazy kids!

smiley3303 likes this.
  8. mtofell

mtofell Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    It can be had with the 4.10 gears on the DRW - I'm pretty sure this is the setup you must get to achieve the 33 million pound towing capacity bragged about in the commercials.

I think Ram's whole marketing and offering of their trannys is inferior to the other manufacturers. Having the "standard" tranny and then an upgrade naturally makes the standard one be perceived as a POS. This kind of gets into just a diesel thing but I think Chevy/GMC is genius for offering only the Allison with their diesel instead of a choice.

I think the 66rfe/68rfe trannys (Hemi and stock diesel respectively) will go down in history as a pretty crappy tranny. If Ram could either produce or partner with someone making a rock solid tranny it would propel them greatly. Bailing on the rfe entirely and just throwing an Aisin in everything would be a GREAT move.

Of course it all comes down to money and one of the benefits of Ram is more for your money than the competition. So, to that extent I guess we just get what we get :)

9. smiley3303

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    Exactly the Aisin is the Allison of Ram from my understanding anyway it is the built beast for towing. Since Cummins is the thee best for towing despite attempts for the other two to say otherwise why not just make it standard. I Kjos this is only loosely related to the thread but come on! Aisin would kick ass and he could have won this race!

10. Danno

Danno Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Power Wagon
    Engine: