Radio control issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fyredude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been having problems with the surround sound cutting out on my 2014 Ram sport.
Dealer has looked at it a few times. Now they have updated it to the latest software.
Now I have more problems.

Issues after the update

First
My backup camera was all washed out. Reset radio as suggested on this forum. Fixed backup camera issues.

Second
After I reset the radio, when it rebooted SRT came on the screen, then the front speakers would not work. This only seems to happen when you reset the radio. It seemed after I shut off the power and turned it on after sitting for a while the radio was back to how it was before the reset. Speakers worked again and rear camera was normal.
Now the surround sound seems to be working ok.

Third
Now with the comfort mode turned on, after the truck sits over night, the drivers heated seat and steering wheel will not turn on. It's -10°c outside so it's cold enough to turn on. It doesn't matter if I comand start or manually start it I get the same out come. After the truck is running and I shut it off and restart it the headed seat and steering wheel turn on.

Fourth
I run my trucks HVAC on auto setting all the time with no issues, just this morning truck sat outside all night -10°c. After starting the truck for the first time this day the fan would not turn on, not even after I turned the heat up to hi temp. Only when I manually turned up the fan speed would it start to blow. This is the first time for this glitch.

I know that everything goes through the radio head. Very frustrated.

Has anyone else had anything related to these issues? How did you get them resolved or fix?
Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thx

OP
OP
F

Fyredude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well as I stated in an earlier post I was having issues with my uconnect 8.4.
Even after they updated it to the newest software I was still having intermittent problems.
Had it at the dealership today to address my on going issues.

The dealership has ordered me a new radio for my truck. They should have radio by Friday!
Hopefully this fixes my issues!

OP
OP
F

Fyredude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had earlier posted I was having issues with my surround sound not working and it would just shut off by itself. After a few trips to the dealer the issue has been fixed.
As per instructions from the engineers at Chrysler. They installed a new radio and amp in my truck. Cost all picked up by Chrysler. Works great.