Radio Screen frozen dealer no help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barbosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 5.0 did this a few months back and I was able to update it myself and haven’t had a problem since.

I did have an issue initially getting either my radio or the usb to recognize there was an update file on the USB drive. Then I re-read the instructions and figured out I had made a mistake pasting the files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humberto90s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
my 2014 ram has the same problem since march 5, 2018 after work. The screen is frozen and only the logo show. Already tried disconnecting the battery and nothing. Im already way over my warranty, gor 141,000 miles on the truck. Is there no easy fix to my problem? Not wanting to go to rhe dealership and spend a fortune.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is really no place on the Uconnect website to get the firmware updates for the 5.0 radio. Also even if you were able to update the firmware it doesn't mean it's necessarily going to bring the screen back up. If you're unsuccessful in getting the radio to function properly the RA2 5.0 radios aren't to hard to find and they are usually pretty reasonable. I would recommend checking eBay or car-part.com for a replacement if you can't fix it. You can actually purchase one for less than would cost to take your truck to the dealer to look at it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

slimjim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2015 ram 1500 workman 5.0 uconnect with the same problem(rebooting) as others but have a different twist. After backing up then putting in drive the screen goes totally blue until you start to stop then the backup camera comes back on until you release the brake then it is back to blue. after driving for awhile it reboots and goes to the ram logo. I can not turned the radio off and it is set to one crappy station,which I cannot turn up or down. I have disconnected the battery -tried soft reset -no help. Dodge dealer wants $138 just to run diagnostic. They said they have had many trucks back in for radio problems. So why hasn't dodge or uconnect fixed their prob yet?