Ram 2500 Diesel Winter Driving Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My 2014 block heater draws 6.3 amps, so thats running at 750Watts

Voodiloquist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have not yet found my '14 3500 block heater power cord. Would someone please direct me to its location?

Thanks.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
A lot of times they will have the heating element but no cord
The element is screwed into the block near the oil filter on the passenger side
The plug on your truck would be behind the bumper above the passenger side tow hook
It clipped up in

Voodiloquist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks for the info…just had a quick look see but could not find anything. I'll take another look tomorrow in better light. Pitch black and raining in Chesapeake.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
My manual said it would be on the left front near the tow hooks, when I finally found the cord it was on the right side up inside the bumper area. Keep looking it was a pita to find.

couleeman23

Reaction score
Ram Year
13/14 Ram 1500's
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Perfect thread. I was looking for this. Another question I have, mine came with a winter front from dodge. At what temperature range would you use it?? Don't want to over heat the truck for sure but any bit helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
I run my winter covr all winter long, it has flaps you can open and close depending on the external temperature. I wouldn't worry to much about over heating the engine it could be done but it would have to be well above freezing or towing a heavy load. I put mine on around October in Canada temps around 5'C or 45'F, and leave it on till spring when the temps go above that again. I only open and close flaps if the temp rises to high.