RAM dealerships refuses to service my vehicle due to low survey score (long post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Always treat people with dignity and respect, until they prove they don't deserve to be treated that way and then as they say, "Water seeks it's own level". I always let them decide what level they want the relationship to proceed at---but I got to admit, I don't mind a bit if they want to get in the mud, cause I like it and I'm pretty good at it(well I was when I was younger) :naughty::naughty:
Jay

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Always treat people with dignity and respect...
Jay

We'll agree on that one Jay. That's pretty much what I was getting at.

have a good evening.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Always treat people with dignity and respect, until they prove they don't deserve to be treated that way and then as they say, "Water seeks it's own level". I always let them decide what level they want the relationship to proceed at---but I got to admit, I don't mind a bit if they want to get in the mud, cause I like it and I'm pretty good at it(well I was when I was younger) :naughty::naughty:
Jay

Use the c word to my wife, respect goes out the window.

nationalminer84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not always the case. The dealer I bought my truck from (awesome sales dept) has the most incompetent, careless, useless service dept I've ever seen in my life. That said, whatever dealer I do find locally that has a decent service dept will be getting the sale on my next truck if I do stick with Ram.
Very true. I didn't word that properly, there is always the chance of that situation and why most dealers will try to treat people well

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

nationalminer84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^ Your last sentence sometimes is a catch 22 for some of us. It seems that some dealerships have an excellent sales dept. but have a terrible service dept or visa versa. After you make your purchase you want the best service dept as you can find, and sometimes it just ain't at the same dealership you bought from. It's seldom that you can find a really good sales dept and a good service dept. at the same dealership. In the end, the customer is the loser.
Jay
Most definitely. I have got one vehicle not local. It was a lease on a chevy Malibu. The local dealer I use for service and had leased the prior car I was turning in gave me a take it or leave it offer the not local dealer came in $49 a month lower so I drove down and got the car. The servicing dealer was mad about it but I gave them the chance. When it was time to get the first Ram (same dealer) they didn't play those games and I've been there ever since

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Use the c word to my wife, respect goes out the window.

Of course, as it should. I think you may have misunderstood the intent of my posts. I try to treat others well, but that has its limits. Your post would be an good example of an area i have no tolerance for.

My tree example, i needed them down and didn't have time to meet with 3 other contractors, then wait another 2 months to get on their schedule. In this case it was best for me to work with the current one as he already was out once and I'd have been charged for that if he finished the job or not.

Sometimes you have to pick and choose your battles in life. I choose to work with this guy to get the job done and kept it cordial and he worked with me and discounted the price of the job and did more work than we initially agreed to.

If you feel you'd have made out better in my examole with your attitude, that's your choice, your life, but id argue you would not havem. There's a difference in standing your ground or being someones door mat or looking at the big picture. Some people cause more problems for themselves by loosing control of their emotions and running off at the mouth at the wrong time. Not to say you do, but I've seen it happen pleanty of times and i had to clean up the mess in a former occupation.

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see this is a 37 page post now... wow..

Im in a little different boat today. I have a 2015 chrysler 200. my local dealer twice took over a month to get parts for it. and i had to call to see if the parts were in and after a month they were.

Fast forward to i had a dealer rep call me asking how my service was . told her and she kept saying want to talk to a manager i said what will they do. im already going to give you a bad survey. blah blah blah...

now my cel came on in my ram (under warranty) i called them to see when i could get it in they said two weeks. i said let me talk to the service manager.. i just threatened him with a bad survey and what do you know he can have me in the next day on my time!

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Wow so I'm not alone. Bought my 2012 new and always take it to them for anything. First few times the guy that writes up the work order saw my plate, looked me up and greeted me by name.

Well, past few oil changes didn't go very smooth.
they have the quick lube service signs up. When I go in they tell me they can't do it but eventually cave in. Told me to make an appointment which I did the last time and they still told me no? Again they finally took me in but 90 minutes for an oil change???

I understand things come up and I let it go a few times but after turning me away WITH an appointment I did say so in the review. I know they saw because they called me up.

See what happens next time I go in, due soon

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm confused why is it so much trouble to expect to have work done, I'm lost on this because it seems like "technicians" expect to not have to work and get bonuses for it but when they have to work they cry like children being told to do their chores. I haven't had any issues with the service dept where I bought my truck but I've only been there 2 times. but a short time after buying my truck I sent my brother there and told him to speak to the sales guy I worked with. The day he went the guy wasnt there so he worked with someone else and since I referred him there I was supposed to get a "Bird dog" check. a month goes by and nothing so I call my sales guy and he gets his panties in a bunch saying "well you dont get it since you didnt send him to me" which I reply not my fault you were not working that day, but if you want to talk to me with that tone son, I wont send anyone else again that way (which I still haven't).