RamForum Exhaust 4th Gen Clips and Vids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MD_Bighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where are you guys getting the 18 mufflex kit? Or are you buying the muffler alone?

I got my Mufflex 14 from Moe's (vendor on here) and it was $298 delivered to my door. Plus it was delivered in 48 hours! They have 18's as well as the 24's. I love the sound of the 14 but I like to hear my exhaust

Just installed it today

th_NewExhaust.jpg

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2012 express with a single flowmaster installed. I would like a little more volume. Just before my exhaust tips there are two cans. Are these connected to emissions in any way and if I remove them will there be any difference in volume?

Thanks!

tlizilani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This might be a stupid question but what makes a mufflex a mufflex and not just a magnaflow?

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The pipes added to the muffler to make a bolt in. A magnaflow alone would have to be welded in by an exhaust shop, the mufflex kit allows you to unbolt the factory muffler and bolt in the mufflex on your own.

tlizilani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The pipes added to the muffler to make a bolt in. A magnaflow alone would have to be welded in by an exhaust shop, the mufflex kit allows you to unbolt the factory muffler and bolt in the mufflex on your own.

Gotcha! Looks like that's what I need. Now I just need to figure out if I go with the 18 or the 24.

tlizilani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
For those of you who have installed a mufflex, I've been reading some posts on other forums about the system having some leaks and the clamps not being good enough, what have you all experienced? Are they still a problem with mufflex?

And also how difficult was getting the stock muffler off? Is it an easy one man job?

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
For those of you who have installed a mufflex, I've been reading some posts on other forums about the system having some leaks and the clamps not being good enough, what have you all experienced? Are they still a problem with mufflex?

And also how difficult was getting the stock muffler off? Is it an easy one man job?

i have never installed an exhaust until i got my mufflex dodm80 and it was easy....as for the clamp i went with a 3 inch band clamp instead of the one they provided i just had to grind off a little bump of metal that was there for the clamp to seal.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
man that Mufflex 18 sounds perfect. that's just what I'm looking for, I was torn between 14 and 18 but I think 18 is going to be perfect. My last truck I went too aggressive and at times it got annoying on my long commutes.

TheRookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally was able to post a video of my exhaust. My truck is stock. I had the muffler removed and placed a Y-pipe in its place.

2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Straight Pipe - YouTube

Dude I saw this on YouTube and fell in love how it sounds!!! Just windering if there's a lot if cab drone? I'm gunna do the same set up if I don't like how the slp loudmouth sounds when I install them...I have yet to hear it in the new rams

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Dude I saw this on YouTube and fell in love how it sounds!!! Just windering if there's a lot if cab drone? I'm gunna do the same set up if I don't like how the slp loudmouth sounds when I install them...I have yet to hear it in the new rams

That's why included the clips from inside the cab. Know it's not gonna sound exactly like it would in real life, but it's pretty close to how it really sounds. The most sound you'll hear is when you're accelerating, cruising on the interstate, music is quiet, and the windows are up. If the windows are down there isn't much at all. I was cruising at 55 with the windows down and felt like there wasn't even an exhaust. Plus, I like loud :)

Edit: and I'm glad you like the sound. Thank you.

Last edited: