Random annoying issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W0rleyg0ld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone. I have a 2012 Ram sport with the 5.7 4x4 quad cab. I had the loss of power issue a few weeks back. So I did some research on this forum and found the brake switch may be causing it so I replaced it with a BWD switch from Oreillys. The loss of power issue went away but since then it seems that I have developed a whole new problem that randomly happens. The trailer lights disconnected, serv 4wd, and Trac light stays on and the factory brake controller flashes CF! Once I turn the truck off and on it goes away but could be 2 days to a week and it happens again. Do you think the brake switch i got is bad or so you think its a seperate issue. Thank you everyone for taken the time to read.

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4X4 Crew White/Chrome
I am shotgunning this but:

Have you disconnected battery for 30mins since installing switch?

Have you made any other modifications to anything electrical? Maybe LED Tails etc...?

The 02 F150 I traded in for my 1500 had a leak through the windshield seal that went unnoticed and leaked down through the frame and leaked on top of my GEM Module, and I had some freaky nonsensical electrical issues that were seemingly unrelated until I found the GEM module had been wet/dried many times so when it rained, things like my AC fan would continue to run with the key not in the ignition, my windows wouldn't work after good rain...just wackiness till found out that the GEM was the cause.

I have not yet learned the ins and outs of the RAM and hope you get this solved.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did the new part stop working ?