RCX 6'' front strut + spacer upgrade options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elcid98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 with RCX 6'' lift running 37s. I stopped by a local 4x4 shop to see about my options for upgrading my front suspension as it is pretty stiff and I'm running the stock struts. The RCX has 2 strut spacers up front and they said I could go to a Fabtech adjustable coilover for a much better ride.

Anyone out there upgraded the RCX 6'' front spacer+strut to an adjustable coilover (with no spacer) or anything else.

They quoted me $2000 for parts/labor for upgrading front spacer+strut to a fabtech dirt logic 2.5 coilover where I wouldn't need a spacer. I'm just curious if simply upgrading the front shocks to blitsteins or something else and keeping the RCX strut spacers would give me close to same ride as the adjustable coilovers. $2000 seemed pretty steep.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have 6" rcx and bil adjustable and ppl are surprised how smooth it rides. It took a few miles to settle though

OP
OP
elcid98

elcid98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for the response. Good to know. I'd like to go with Bilsteins all around but I don't see one that would not require me to run a spacer on the rear. Do you have bilsteins in the back with a spacer? I stopped by 4x4 shop and they only have procomp prorunners for back unless I wanted to go with bilsteins and a rear spacer. He said pro comp pro runners were comparable to bilsteins but I don't know.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Honestly my rough country rear shocks do mighty well. I have a 1.75" rear spacer on top of my coil spring. So you are just wanting better ride up front? Not trying to rove the block? I'd def go bills before dumping that cash. 200 and can install yourself is way easier to swallow than 2k. I'd change things one at a time while trying to get a ride dialed in. If you go through and change a bunch and then if you have issues or are displeased with the ride then you'll have a lot more variables to wear out.