Re Wiring 1980 W150 with painless wiring kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randocommando

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
has anyone rewired there whole truck yet I have a 1980 W150 Snocommander edition looking for rewire ideas the whole truck needs it i saw a kit from painless wiring for around 700 bucks its the off road kit with the water tight fuse block any advice before i tackle this project I'm an electrician by trade so I'm confident i can get it done just didn't now if there are any hidden problems i should be aware of thanks oh and the truck has been in my family since it was new

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i think you really just need to inspect what is there and go from there. no one really makes a bolt in wiring kit for these trucks. there is some upgrades to make things reliable and better. the only place i find usually need major attention after 30+ years is the wiring under the hood. most of the stuff is usually easily fixed or replace. you can get a ignition wiring harness for $20 from summit. combo that with a power distribution center under the hood and your truck should probably be good for a long while.

OP
OP
randocommando

randocommando

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for your feed back i pulled the instrument cluster out and half of the prongs for the connector pulled out too i get to redo that as well

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To run an entire new wiring harness in the entire truck you would need the entire truck torn down. Like frame-off.