Ready to spend some $$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
So I think I will just stick to 98 and under from now on. Thanks for the info guys.

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
my gears cost me about 1800 if i remember correctly

But, i had them all done with new bearings and such (whatever else is inside there)

I also added a spicer limited slip locker

This price was including labor.....maybe i spent too much, but i was single and living home at the time...and worked full time, i didnt care

Anyway, 1800ish for my gear installed with all new everything and a locker with labor

save up and do gears

And yes there is nothing to change for the speedo on the 98+ trucks

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A good set of stainless headers is your best bet there. Shorties are better for your low end and longtubes for your high end. Shorties are easier to install do to being more modular in size and longtubes have been known to have clearance issues.

Not to step on anyone's toes but I'm pretty sure you'll gain quite a bit of low end going with LT's over shorties.

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
The exhaust side of these engines out flows the intake by quite a bit. Opening it up more will yield little gain until the intake is opened up

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
The exhaust side of these engines out flows the intake by quite a bit. Opening it up more will yield little gain until the intake is opened up

i heard this same thing

Maybe for more power and mileage go with some aftermarket heads??

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
The intake is the culprit from what I've read and some of the math I've done- the runners are too long and small to sustain a laminar flow for air volume above about 2400.

Last edited: