Real Bead Lock Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadhouse71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
It's time to upgrade to some real bead lock wheels. Anyone have any suggestions a starting place to look.

OP
OP
Roadhouse71

Roadhouse71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I'll Probably run 17" this time around. Budget is based on quality i don't mind paying for good stuff.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I don't know if cops care much around you, but they are illegal for road use. Some places it doesn't matter, some it does. Do you want external or internal beadlocks?

There are two types of beadlock, internal and external, internal are harder to spot and work just about as well, but aren't favored for super low pressures (sub 10psi). I only know of a couple external style beadlock rims.

I've seen Weld Racing-V series, those look pretty slick in an anodized black, but I cant remember if you can get them in 17s
Never had experience personally, but ive heard good things about raceline.
My Uncle has a buggy he takes rock climbing with TR Beadlock branded wheels and loves them. He's slammed them into plenty of rocks without any major damage to the lock ring.

OP
OP
Roadhouse71

Roadhouse71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I don't know if cops care much around you, but they are illegal for road use. Some places it doesn't matter, some it does. Do you want external or internal beadlocks?

There are two types of beadlock, internal and external, internal are harder to spot and work just about as well, but aren't favored for super low pressures (sub 10psi). I only know of a couple external style beadlock rims.

I've seen Weld Racing-V series, those look pretty slick in an anodized black, but I cant remember if you can get them in 17s
Never had experience personally, but ive heard good things about raceline.
My Uncle has a buggy he takes rock climbing with TR Beadlock branded wheels and loves them. He's slammed them into plenty of rocks without any major damage to the lock ring.
Thanks this is good info. Im in Kentucky and i'll take my chances with the law. i figured i can get away with it when there is so many knockoff wheels rolling around. Im not set on getting them yet. Just think on how im going to move forward with different projects.

MeatCurtains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks this is good info. Im in Kentucky and i'll take my chances with the law. i figured i can get away with it when there is so many knockoff wheels rolling around. Im not set on getting them yet. Just think on how im going to move forward with different projects.
Im a Kentucky resident. They couldn't care less unless you are in an accident or pulled over. I ran them on several Jeep's and have been everywhere in the state and not harassed. I mean we can run studded snow tires year round, the least of their concern is being safe.

However some of the departments around nky tend to hunt for income and pull you over to look for something to write a ticket for. I'm sure that's not unique to the area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Method & Raceline are a couple brands off the top of my head that make some pretty beadlocks.

There are lots of others try searching ebay/google/4wheel parts places for beadlocks