Really strange electrical problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kirbys1234

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am new to this forum, but have owned many 4x4's over the years. I am really stumped by this. I have a 2007 Ram 1500 with auto 4x4. When it is in auto, and I hit icy roads, the transfer case kicks in, but then the seat heater kicks out and the heater fan quits for about 10 sec. after this, everything works fine, but you have to turn on the seat heater again. There is no problem while idling or cruising. Has this happened to anyone?

MikeyNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
I am new to this forum, but have owned many 4x4's over the years. I am really stumped by this. I have a 2007 Ram 1500 with auto 4x4. When it is in auto, and I hit icy roads, the transfer case kicks in, but then the seat heater kicks out and the heater fan quits for about 10 sec. after this, everything works fine, but you have to turn on the seat heater again. There is no problem while idling or cruising. Has this happened to anyone?

That sounds like grounding problems with your electrical circuit, particularly due to the age of your vehicle. I'd start with the main grounding screws from battery to frame and remove and clean or replace the lug and screw. Good luck