Rear c notch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Domm337

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L v6
How's it going 3rd gen ram owners. New to this so I'll try my best.
So I have a 2008 Dodge Ram sxt 2wd. I had installed a 5 in flip kit about 7 months ago and 1in beltech nitro drop 2 shocks. So I recently wanted to go lower. Lower as in a 5/9. I know what components I need for the front. 2in spindles and 3in drop springs. But what my question is for is the rear end. Can I keep the flip kit? I know I need a c notch for that low. But what other components do I need for the rear?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You'll need to raise the rear shock mounts if you plan to run the same shocks. Keep the flip kit as it is and see if you can find a set of the 2" drop leaf springs and those with the drop shackles should get you the drop you want. The frame will obviously need to notched but you'll also want to get the diff pinion alignment redone as well, I don't know of anyone that does a set of shims for that low so it might have to be a custom job to get the alignment back so you don't chew up diff seals, gears, or the driveshaft u-joint.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is lowered 7" in the rear and I'm going 2" lower very soon. I have a C-Notch, Flip Kit and shackles with 4.5" Belltech Street Performance shocks and the shock extensions. To get the 9" of drop, I'm adding a set of Belltech 3" rear springs.

Navarabr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is lowered 7" in the rear and I'm going 2" lower very soon. I have a C-Notch, Flip Kit and shackles with 4.5" Belltech Street Performance shocks and the shock extensions. To get the 9" of drop, I'm adding a set of Belltech 3" rear springs.

Are you going to implement the springs?

Frenado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m buying a drop kit for 3inch coils drop and 6inch flip kit on the back do I need to cnotch the frame