Rear Coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had this under another post, but the title was off topic. Anyway, my 09 Ram has a 6" RC lift. Since I had Bilstiens put up front, I sit an inch high. The shop wants to charge me labor to lower them even though I had requested it be level. They said as long as the frame is level, they consider it level. Anyway, I will fight that if I need to. I like the extra lift up front and was looking for a way to lift the rear.

I came across the ICON 2 stage rear coil springs for my Ram. Supposed to give 1"-1/5" of lift and the reviews say the ride is nice with the two stage coil. Keeps the rear soft enough but has the strength for towing capacity. I only pull a 19 foot bassboat and it usually causes minimal sag.

Any thoughts or experience with these? Also, will I need to have another alignment done, or is that only needed for front end work.

http://www.socalsupertrucks.com/Icon-2009-Current-RAM-1500-1-5-Lift-Rear-Coil-Spring.aspx

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It depends. didnt your RC lift give you bigger coils to put in the back already?? these springs are meant to raise the truck another 1" or so over stock. so if your lift came with 6" taller springs and you put these in you will sit actually lower in the rear

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Confirmed with RC...just spacers
No sir, I don't believe so. The rear has spacers. I can't imagine they would use springs and spacers.

http://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-s...MIi8WalNOC2AIVko2zCh0GLQxNEAQYASABEgKeJ_D_BwE

The photo shows no coils, but the description says factory tuned coils.

wow that is a big spacer. What do you mean you cant imagine springs and spacers? isnt what you have now, stock spring and the RC spacer?

If thats the case then yes the Icon coils SHOULD work for you.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyway, my 09 Ram has a 6" RC lift. Since I had Bilstiens put up front, I sit an inch high.

Also, will I need to have another alignment done, or is that only needed for front end work.

The RCX 6" kit comes with 4.5" rear coil spacers. If you adjust the Bils at all I would get an alignment.

What was your rake at before the lift was installed?

What are the Bils set at currently?

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I too have an RCX 6" loft with Bils set at 2.1 that makes the front look slightly higher. Was wondering if I could just put a 3/4" rear poly spacer since it will sit on the bottom of the spring. RCX rear spacer sits on the top.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The RCX 6" kit comes with 4.5" rear coil spacers. If you adjust the Bils at all I would get an alignment.

What was your rake at before the lift was installed?

What are the Bils set at currently?

I had the lift put on first and it was completely leveled. I then had the Bils put on, but don't know what setting. They had planned to set at 0 because it was already level. Once they did one side they said it was too low and raised it up. I am thinking they had to go at least 1.4 if not higher for the back to be an inch low. An alignment was done and it drives great. They just don't want to lower the Bils without charging me labor and I still may fight that. The thing is, I am liking the height and thought I would raise the rear one inch higher instead.

808RAM1500: I was told not to put a poly spacer at the bottom of the coil... not sure of the reasoning. Maybe spacers are not good at the bottom on the rear axle.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow that is a big spacer. What do you mean you cant imagine springs and spacers? isnt what you have now, stock spring and the RC spacer?

If thats the case then yes the Icon coils SHOULD work for you.

Nick, I just meant that I would think that if RC uses spacers, they would not install new springs (coils) and spacers. I think they may have a kit that just has longer springs.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick, I just meant that I would think that if RC uses spacers, they would not install new springs (coils) and spacers. I think they may have a kit that just has longer springs.
Just coils is the way to go especially at that length.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will look at two options

1. The springs I listed above in conjunction with the spacer that is already there

2. Longer coils that will do away with the spacer.

Not sure how long the stock rear coil is, but it would need to be 5.6-6" longer.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Before the 6" lift, I had a 2.5" leveling kit, and the rear spacer was installed on the bottom of the spring. Idk if adding an additional 3/4" spacer might throw the rear end out of alignment Maybe? Is there such thing as a 1/2" poly spacer?

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Got a side pic of how nose high it is with the bilsteins on? I was planning on putting them on mine and taking out the spring compression spacer and wanna know what setting to use.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio