Rear defrost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well wtf... Why doesn't mine work. I Don't use it, but now that I know I don't have it/it won't work, I WANT IT!

It’s the lower defrost button to the right of the controls, it heats/defrosts the mirrors and back glass.

Rear defrost is the only other option I really wanted but whoever ordered my truck didn’t add it on. I have the heated mirrors so I have that switch I just don't have the glass. If the wiring was there and all I needed was the rear glass I would install it. Here in Houston I would use it all the time. There’s mornings I can’t even see out of the windows (I go to work at 5am)

Here’s the part number....almost $700, maybe I will live without it lol

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem...xNTAwJnk9MjAxNyZ0PXNwb3J0JmU9NS03bC12OC1nYXM=

Last edited:

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s the lower defrost button to the right of the controls, it heats/defrosts the mirrors and back glass.

Rear defrost is the only other option I really wanted but whoever ordered my truck didn’t add it on. I have the heated mirrors so I have that switch I just don't have the glass. If the wiring was there and all I needed was the rear glass I would install it. Here in Houston I would use it all the time. There’s mornings I can’t even see out of the windows (I go to work at 5am)

Here’s the part number....almost $700, maybe I will live without it lol

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-back-glass-68104848ah/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9Z2xhc3MtYW5kLWhhcmR3YXJlLWJhY2smaT1UTTEzODE3NSZyPTEmYT1yYW0mbz0xNTAwJnk9MjAxNyZ0PXNwb3J0JmU9NS03bC12OC1nYXM=

Yeah, my previous post showed a pic where it was grayed out on the screen and the button would flash and turn off immediately. Tried it this morning and it worked. Strange...IMG_20180419_080313.jpg IMG_20180419_080313.jpg

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2017 Laramie and the rear window has defrost. And it works.

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I went to buy a truck, I wanted rear defrost and no slider.
Those knuckleheads ordered all sliding no defrost and insisted defrost wasn't available with a slider.
I believe they started making it available in 2014 with a slider.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with jb1..i live in sw fl. Just about every morning I have that"******"look on my windows ...nothing like walking out to your truck in the early am and sweatin before you get to it 30 feet away.
Humidity here sucks more often than not throughout the year..
If its the grided lines in the windows then I don't have it.
My question now is...
Would a 2010 laramie be capable of having it?I don't have that newer radio the pics are showing in this post.I do have heated mirrors.

Kernal Clink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
I know I'm digging up an older post, but during my quest for knowledge about the truck this thread came up. I agree that the dealers do a **** poor job of showcasing the options to the buyer nowadays. Who would have thought that a guy that works off of commission could be so lazy?

Anyhow, I bought my truck in July and it hasn't been even remotely cold yet here in NC. I have the defroster button on my HVAC unit under the front defroster and no wire grid in my rear window. I also have the heated mirror icons on my mirrors. From what I gathered from this thread, the oldschool rear defrost button is now the heated mirror button? I have looked everywhere in the truck for a switch or button for the mirrors and the only thing close would be the one we used to associate with rear defrost.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2017 Laramie with rear defrost, handy in the Northwest as the cabin can get ****** with all the rain. I also have the slider, and curiously enough the defroster only partially worked. It did not work on the drivers side fixed piece of glass. Dealer easily replaced the glass and all good.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know I'm digging up an older post, but during my quest for knowledge about the truck this thread came up. I agree that the dealers do a **** poor job of showcasing the options to the buyer nowadays. Who would have thought that a guy that works off of commission could be so lazy?

Anyhow, I bought my truck in July and it hasn't been even remotely cold yet here in NC. I have the defroster button on my HVAC unit under the front defroster and no wire grid in my rear window. I also have the heated mirror icons on my mirrors. From what I gathered from this thread, the oldschool rear defrost button is now the heated mirror button? I have looked everywhere in the truck for a switch or button for the mirrors and the only thing close would be the one we used to associate with rear defrost.

The rear defrost button heats the mirrors too even if you do not have the rear defrost, it’s a dual function switch.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you sir.

No problem, I found out the hard way too, my truck is just like yours, heated mirrors and no rear defrost. I don't know why they didn't order the rear defrost.

kylant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have an '18 3500 MegaCab Laramie. I have rear slider, but no rear defroster. I have the heated mirrors. Does anyone know if the wiring is at the rear of the truck for the defroster? I feel that I need the defroster for the climate I live in. If I can replace the glass and have the defroster, that would be great.
thanks

OP
OP
JRussTX

JRussTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Well, there is an error on the site. I can click a past link and reply, but cannot go to another page or forum.. or log in from any link on any pc in two locations.

So... will try to login later.