Rear Differential Cover Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I just purchased a new 2017 ram 2500 6.7L CTD with the 11.5” coil spring rearend. Which will be used during all the summer months of towing our fifth wheel camper. Which will put a lot of added stress on the transmission as well as the rear differential.
Come spring I am looking to add a new deeper aluminum transmission pan with a drain plug as well as a rear end cover with a fill and drain plug.

Doing some shopping or research as some call it, I am having a hard time finding a rear differential cover that is fitted for my application.
There seems to be always a disclaimer that these rearend covers will not fit due to clearance issues because of the coil springs.
Can anybody guide me to a company that makes a aluminum rearend differential cover that will work on my new RAM?

I tried to private message Moe but his box is completely full.

Thanks

I’m still trying to figure out what the crap the coil springs have to do with the fitment of the cover itself.

Attachments

• 06F21E7C-A1C9-45BC-A663-468AABAB82A6.jpg
    06F21E7C-A1C9-45BC-A663-468AABAB82A6.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
If aluminum is desired, please ignore. Otherwise, check AEV out. I don't see anything on their website about 2500 rear coil fitment problems.

Reactions: SyN

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mag Hytec AA 14-11.5 CS should be the one you need. We offer it and if you would like a quote PM me with your zip code.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
SOCAL: thank you for your reply. I don’t know if I’ll need anything that heavy duty due to I will never be taking this truck off road. But if that is my only option?

I will go through the list and email a few of these companies and ask them my same question & see what replies back I get.

Thanks again

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Nick—->PM sent

Like I said it will be spring before I even install the transmission pan as well as the rearend cover but if you have them you’ll get my business

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick—->PM sent

Like I said it will be spring before I even install the transmission pan as well as the rearend cover but if you have them you’ll get my business

Yes sir we have them! that is great to hear and much appreciated! let me know when your ready and we will hook you up with a discounted price.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Thanks dexter: Easy Service is the key.
More capacity would be nice for the extra help in cooling but it is what it is.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks dexter: Easy Service is the key.
More capacity would be nice for the extra help in cooling but it is what it is.

If you buy one -- drop the sway bar for ease of installation. That's not in the directions they send you.

Good product.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Dexter: Question Did you order your 2500 w/4:10 gears or was it sitting on the lot with them when you bought it?

3:73 or 4:10 gears was high on my wanted options list but just could not get them with the 2500s that I found that had every option I wanted.

I can live with the 3:42 since I will not be towing for thousands of miles at a time.
My closest camping area is 76 miles away & the furthest is 318 miles.

Either way the 68RFE & 11.5” rearend will both be getting aftermarket pan/cover for quick & easy service. Neither will be neglected.
As well as refilled with Red Line fluids.

Thanks again

By the way: Nick quoted me a great price for the Differential Cover.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I’ve been informed that the 3:42s puts the 6.7L CTD with its HP & Torque ratings in its Sweet Spot while pulling loads @ cruising speed.

Last edited:

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Dexter: Question Did you order your 2500 w/4:10 gears or was it sitting on the lot with them when you bought it?

Thanks again

By the way: Nick quoted me a great price for the Differential Cover.

It was on the lot - set up for a 5th wheel. I full time in a TT. that is why I got the truck.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
It was on the lot - set up for a 5th wheel. I full time in a TT. that is why I got the truck.

You don’t find those very often. (2500)
Mine was on a lot with 23 other 2500.
There were 2 others that were loaded with all the towing options. Mine has them all except true towing gears.

Like I said I can live with the 3:42s since I don’t tow full time & cross country.

Finally had time off work to adjust the garage door where it would go up 2 more inches to clear the shark fin. She will spend the night in a garage for the first time ever in her life!
She will always have a clean warm garage to always come home too.

Attachments

• D456408A-6E84-49A9-AF79-9AA67E853D8C.jpg
    D456408A-6E84-49A9-AF79-9AA67E853D8C.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://www.yourcovers.com/diffcover_11147.php

PML makes transmission pans for a bunch of FCA products too. If you had a 42RLE it was a nice upgrade unless you didn't have a dipstick after 07.

There are also pictures for applications too, as there are 2 11.5 covers.

https://www.yourcovers.com/diffcover_10361.php

shows the other version and how it hits the "pan-rod bar"... no idea. but I've concluded its the thing on top.

crane and riddler don't make them this size, which would have been my top 2 choices.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Nick shot me a very respectable price for a top quality cover.
If he still honors that price come Spring he will get my business for both the rearend cover and the transmission pan.

PML produces some top-notch quality products.

Christmas vastly approaching as well as two kids in college and now a almost stupid new pick up payment has things kind of tight right now!
spring will be a good time for two new projects.

But I definitely want to have these two projects done before I begin pulling or towing the fifth wheel.

Then comes the enjoyment of shopping for a new 5th wheel hitch to match the Ram 5th wheel / goose neck prep package! Can’t wait!

Last edited:

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Then comes the enjoyment of shopping for a new 5th wheel hitch to match the Ram 5th wheel / goose neck prep package! Can’t wait!

Check out Andersen ... you won't break your back putting it on/off.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Thanks Dexter
I will do that—-You tube has been very helpful so far looking for this type of new hitch.

Trying to prepare the new 2500 first with a few extra features to help make service/maintenance fast-easy-mess free as well as benefit the 6.7L - 68RFE - Rearend . The front differential will only see action in the winter so not a top priority at this time but will get a new cover as well for the same easy drain & fill.

The new hitch will be my last purchase before the new 5th Wheel.

Thanks again for your advice.

Come across a good video of attempting to grease the ujoint within the front drive shaft. That looks like a good time!
Looks like I will be searching for a new piece to add to my grease gun.
No more zerks these days it looks like.

I won’t use 4WD that often to thank goodness I won’t have to grease that rascal every OCI.

Last edited:

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Mag Hytec AA 14-11.5 CS should be the one you need. We offer it and if you would like a quote PM me with your zip code.

Has anyone seen one installed on a stock (not lifted) 2500? I looked but was not able to find any installed photos of this cover on a stock truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963