Rear end Sag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deed

Reaction score
U.S. Navy....so Pretty much anywhere, at any given
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Blue Tech 6.7
So, Taking a Que from an Idea that was Presented on the forums and Wanted to Add a 50gal Aux tank:
FTC50 Auxiliary Fuel Tank

Roughly a normal 55gal Drum of Fuel weighs about 435 LBS, I currently have a 6" Rough Country Lift on my Truck on 35's soon to upgrade to 38's. I haul my bikes around with little to no Sag.

My Question is, Should worry about Sagging with a full Load, with the added weight. and If so, what should I add to Correct the Sag without Raising the Back end of my Truck, I would like to keep a leveled Stance.

Last edited:

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I would try to find an airbag helper that would work with I'm guessing blogs in the rear
This option would allow you to adjust depending on how much fuel and/or bikes you have

I would see how your trucks sits first though I didn't notice you had an HD

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
There are a few kits that are just a bolt in although having a lift might make it tough
Im working on some homework now but Ill try to look around for something later
Its actauly something I have though about before since I plan on the same RC kit and I tow 10-12k lbs reguraly with the truck

OP
OP
Deed

Deed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Blue Tech 6.7

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I'm thinking the timbrens may be your better bet as the replace the bumps stops and go between the leaf and frame unlike the Ride rite bags which go between the axle and frame (assuming your rear is lifted with blocks)

OP
OP
Deed

Deed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Blue Tech 6.7
I'm thinking the timbrens may be your better bet as the replace the bumps stops and go between the leaf and frame unlike the Ride rite bags which go between the axle and frame (assuming your rear is lifted with blocks)

It seems a little cut and dry, and pretty simple to do...but that's not my luck normally rolls. I guess I'll just order it and see what happens, I guess worse case scenario I'll get about an inch of raise with no load... so that wont be too bad. or am I looking at it wrong?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
As far as I know the timbren replaces the bumpstop and acts like a progressive spring, with more weight applied it will become stiffer(as its compressed)
Unloaded your truck should ride like stock. 450lb might not be enough to compress them down to the axle but that would also mean you aren't sagging much!
I found these pictures and it looks like you might have to modify them to work with the lift as well
c335abda.jpg
cc7dc726.jpg
0b114641.jpg
d0c770f7.jpg
You would probably have to add a spacer as thick as your lift block

Amazon seems to have the best price on them although I didn't look very hard cause I'm on my phone and can't sort by prices

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I also noticed people talking about an optional spacer to use on truck that were basically always loaded
Maybe you'll luck out and thatll be enough for your setup