rear spring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bama1781

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a rear spring question. on my 17 4x4 1500 I have a RC leveling kit installed on the front but when I put some HVAC stuff in my bed sometimes depending on the size etc I get rear squat. So I was looking to replace the rear spring with some HD springs that might also raise the Rear up a little. Ive seen the tufftruck springs and asked them about how much there rear HD springs would raise the rear up if any unloaded I don't mind a slight rake. the other option is the super springs which are almost double the cost and I know will raise the truck up 3/4 of an inch in the rear . So since tufftuck wont return my emails my question is anyone running tuffstuck springs how much did it raise the rear and if not could I run a rear spacer with them.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I installed a set Hellwig helper springs in my 97 1500 and they work just great. You can adjust them to lift a little bit all the time or so that they only provide support when a load is placed in the bed of your truck.
th (5).jpg

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a rear spring question. on my 17 4x4 1500 I have a RC leveling kit installed on the front but when I put some HVAC stuff in my bed sometimes depending on the size etc I get rear squat. So I was looking to replace the rear spring with some HD springs that might also raise the Rear up a little. Ive seen the tufftruck springs and asked them about how much there rear HD springs would raise the rear up if any unloaded I don't mind a slight rake. the other option is the super springs which are almost double the cost and I know will raise the truck up 3/4 of an inch in the rear . So since tufftuck wont return my emails my question is anyone running tuffstuck springs how much did it raise the rear and if not could I run a rear spacer with them.

I have the progressive ones from tuff truck but I I bought them through SDTrucksprings for less than I could direct from Tuff Truck.
82bb05de3b2177ab5ce3a5552ac6b895.jpg

They were not higher and provided zero lift in the rear.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I installed a set Hellwig helper springs in my 97 1500 and they work just great. You can adjust them to lift a little bit all the time or so that they only provide support when a load is placed in the bed of your truck.
View attachment 129022

Those are sweet but on the 4th gen you would have to do something like timber grove or total load control.

The airlift bags are okay if you don’t mind replacing them under warranty for blow outs.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Check out Timbren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk