rear springs on hemi sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerryt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 04 hemi sport only has 3 leaves and does not have that short strait helper spring on the bottom. It also looks like I only have about 2 1/2 inches of clearance between the axle housing and that rubber bumper that limits travel. I want to pull a 4000 pound camper and am concerned about the suspension. I use a weight distibuting hitch.
Thanks for any help.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does you truck have the factory tow hitch? Sounds like it probably didn't come from the factory with the tow package. You could find the overload at a junk yard or just get the complete spring packs off the donor truck and replace yours. Helper air bags or an add-a-leaf would also do the trick.

OP
OP
J

jerryt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It must not have come with the tow package as I had to add a 7 pin connector and a 2 inch receiver. I'll see what I can find at the junk yard then see if I will need air bags for a little more help.
Thank you for the reply