rear sway bars for 1982 ram 350 w/dualwheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stonestacker

Reaction score
Ram Year
1982 ram 350
Engine
360 c. in.
Did the factory ever put rear sway bars on w350s' ? I need to put some on my 82 350 but can not find a source. Anyone kn ow of a different year/model that will work?.......regards, stonestacker

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i don't know if they were factory but have see a few old dodge with rear sway bars. they never seemed very common but i don't know if they are really even needed on most truck.

OP
OP
S

stonestacker

Reaction score
Ram Year
1982 ram 350
Engine
360 c. in.
crazzywolfie, thanks for your reply, the truck definetly needs swaybars! Guess I will look to find aftermarket if available. BTW,how do you like the Holley carb, my truck has a 360 cu. in. engine and the choke needs some love, so I'm thinking of a more modern carb.?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
have you replaced the shock generally if the vehicle feels like it needs a sway bar something is usually not right. the holley carb runs ok. feels way better than the thermoquad that is on the 350 in my elcamino. personally if you are going to buy a new carb minus well just save and spend a bit more on a new aftermarket TBI setup. the only reason i am running the holley was because it was free.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
ON my 86, no factory sway bar. Helwig makes a application specific rear sway bar kit. REALY made a difference. Google Helwig sway bars. I think they are out of Visalia Ca. I know what you are saying. Those trucks had a high center of gravity. Cornering with 1980's suspension was rock and roll. I put the Helwig on the back and replaced the front sway bar with a trans am 440 engine sway bar. Can't tell you the year because I bought it at a used parts yard. It just looked like it would fit and it did. I then put Bilstein application specific shocks on and replaced the rear leaf shackle brackets and bolts with aftermarket wet lube brackets. That thing corned like a touring vehicle. Hope this helps.

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
I have a 2ndgen one kicking around. Its really thin/weak looking.

I'd peek at what F250/F350 use. F-series and Dodge frames were the same width for years.

E350/E450 use some thick rear swaybars; usually ambulances... not sure about fit.