Rebel compared to other trims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darevrin43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey,

Long time viewer of the forums but wanted to post to see if others felt the same way.

With the new Ram I am really liking the more aggressive look of the rebel, it also still shares the grill styling idea from the last gen Rebel which keeps a little relation. But I do wish it had more interior color options as I'm not really a fan of the red interior.

The Laramie and limited have great interiors and the color combos look great. But the front of the truck has lost that aggressiveness that the previous gen had. I don' want to say it's bland on the front but it definitely seems more generic now.

It would be nice to see the rebel introduce more interor color options. My reason for posting was to see if others felt that same way in regards to this new truck.

RSR89

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
The Rebel exterior is badass. I bet it is unbelievable in person. I do agree though. The lack of interior options and also tech features will keep me from buying it. I've never been a fan of the tire tread seats and all that red plastic just isn't working for me. The 4x4 off road package and Mopar accessories can get a Laramie close enough so I think that is what I'll be doing.

09WHITESPORT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 SPORT
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I sat in the 2019 rebel at the Chicago Autoshow and I loved the feel of the new cabin, the leather feels a step above from the current Rebel, also the integration of the 8.4" screen with the switches underneath felt better than the larger 12" screen in my opinion.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey,

Long time viewer of the forums but wanted to post to see if others felt the same way.

With the new Ram I am really liking the more aggressive look of the rebel, it also still shares the grill styling idea from the last gen Rebel which keeps a little relation. But I do wish it had more interior color options as I'm not really a fan of the red interior.

The Laramie and limited have great interiors and the color combos look great. But the front of the truck has lost that aggressiveness that the previous gen had. I don' want to say it's bland on the front but it definitely seems more generic now.

It would be nice to see the rebel introduce more interor color options. My reason for posting was to see if others felt that same way in regards to this new truck.

This. I feel the same way. It's almost as if they don't care that much about the Rebel. The options list isn't there.

I sat in the 2019 rebel at the Chicago Autoshow and I loved the feel of the new cabin, the leather feels a step above from the current Rebel, also the integration of the 8.4" screen with the switches underneath felt better than the larger 12" screen in my opinion.

Care to explain? The 8.4 has been around for years, its dated and old. The new 12in to me is just straight bad ass. So much screen to see. Plus Android auto. To me the dated ass 8.4 needs life added. Needs a refresh at least to compete. But the red interior is not working for me. They should at least offer a black seats ffs.

09WHITESPORT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 SPORT
Engine
HEMI 5.7
To me the 8.4 felt crisper and faster then compared to my parents current Grand Cherokee UConnect. For some reason the 12" felt too large for easy use. The layout of the switches felt somewhat more centralized to myself. The other thing is both the stock sound system in the Rebel and the upgraded Harmon Kardon system are ages ahead of the 4th gen, they blew every other truck system on the market away.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To me the 8.4 felt crisper and faster then compared to my parents current Grand Cherokee UConnect. For some reason the 12" felt too large for easy use. The layout of the switches felt somewhat more centralized to myself. The other thing is both the stock sound system in the Rebel and the upgraded Harmon Kardon system are ages ahead of the 4th gen, they blew every other truck system on the market away.

Firstly I want to thank you for your time in answering these questions. But I'm still confused on some things...how is the current 8.4 different than a 17s 8.4? Besides speed? Any visual differences I guess is what I'm asking. You said the sound systems were better...I would wonder if the Alpine system got upgraded from the current 4th gen....Which if so, I really would like some details on what is exactly new compared to this year (not from you, I'm saying officially).

09WHITESPORT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 SPORT
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Firstly I want to thank you for your time in answering these questions. But I'm still confused on some things...how is the current 8.4 different than a 17s 8.4? Besides speed? Any visual differences I guess is what I'm asking. You said the sound systems were better...I would wonder if the Alpine system got upgraded from the current 4th gen....Which if so, I really would like some details on what is exactly new compared to this year (not from you, I'm saying officially).

The only difference I could see on the interface was the actual speed. As far as the alpine system was concerned the tweeters did not seem as tin sounding as the 4th gen and the mids did not become muddy. The bass was such a large improvement it sounded like there was a 12" sub in the cabin now

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They offer a black interior on some of the Rebels, not all red.

Before I ordered a Laramie, I had concluded they only offered the Rebel with one interior, with the red accents. Do you have a source on this?

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I was going to order a Rebel, but hated the interior.

But Laramie + Off Road Group pretty much = Rebel capability. Then you can just buy a different grill. I personally don't like the Rebel grill as much, but that's just me. I'm having the mopar 2" lift and 35" tires put on before I even pick it up new. Not sure what the rebel has that mine doesn't now, beside approach and departure angles, but I'll be swapping those bumpers out when the aftermarket comes out with something good.

OP
OP
D

Darevrin43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Offering that interior with the 4th gen rebel is really nice. Shows that ram understands that people are looking for the rebel but are unwilling to purchase with the red interior. But I'm surprised that they didn't at least offer two different interior variants for the 2019 right from the start.

If ram would have offered that black interior with the level 2 interior package group as an option, they would have a lot of buyers for that rebel that aren't going to purchase it as is now.

Edit: lvl 2 meaning 12 inch screen.

Last edited:

SnoFyter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought my Rebel last summer,It has black interior no red accents.

Danny Roberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This doesn't help people wanting to buy a 2019 but it you look at when the Rebel first came out and what things were optional vs standard vs not offered you'll see that the added a lot to the trim level in subsequent years. So while they might now offer a 12" UCONNECT now or black interior they could be coming in the next model year. Just a thought.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
they have definitely made it impossible to swap front end grille and headlight components from the Rebel to the base lineup.

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really like the look of the 19 Rebel. It looks eons better than the current one. All the trim levels besides the Rebel look like Tundras which isn’t a bad thing, but it’s borderline plagiarism. Did the Ram designers even look at the Tundra before they drew up the 19?