Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Haven't looked for a thread so feel free just to post the link (if'n there is one). Anyway, wtf is up with this my16 tranny locking pin. Thanks, ya'll.

Sent using questionably obtained encription technology

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I just got the notification in the mail for mine too.

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Sometimes you can put the truck in drive without pressing the brake pedal... Is what my paper said

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There may be a failure of the pin to engage making it possible to select a forward or reverse gear without depressing the brake pedal.

Parts are not yet available.

OP
OP
PippinAin'tEasy

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It had a "how to get reimbursed if you've already gotten it repaired" section. Now how in sweet stinky **** are they doing repairs without parts, people? Why yes, I think I will have another beer. Thank you.

tdeperte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Water pump recall. Parts unavailable
Trans park issue. Parts unavailable.

Waiting to get these repairs. Patience unavailable.

Don_T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I logged into the owner’s site to look for a PDF of the owner’s manual. The site showed my ‘18 3500 needs the shifter recall and it says my local dealer has the parts in stock. I am not in any hurry to get it done. I always use the parking brake anyway, a leftover from many years of manual transmissions.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just got mine too. Says remedy for this condition isn't yet available. They may have to make the new parts before they ship them so it could be a while.

Biker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Got mine today. Says parts are not available.

CanadianRAm16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
Parts are still not available for the fix. Not sure how or why they send out a recall when the parts are not available for the fix. With that being said I just broke down and went and got the recall done for the transmission solenoid pack. Truck seems to run more smooth.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Just got my notification in the mail stating that there is a recall but no parts available to do the repair. Also had a warning stating that you should use your e-brake to prevent the chance of it rolling away in the park position. I guess this is to cover their butt if it fails.

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I checked the Mopar recall site yesterday and it said...

Repair Description

The remedy for this item is currently under development.

Recall Status

INCOMPLETE BUT REPAIR PARTS ARE AVAILABLE

...which sounds like a contradiction to me. How can you have "parts are available" when "the remedy for this item is currently under development"?

Anyway, I was at the dealer yesterday checking on the water pump recall (my dealer say they haven't got any pump in yet - but that's another thread) and I asked about this one. The service advisor I talked to, which isn't my "favorite" (we'll leave it at that) said they don't expect to have the parts for this recall for a year. But, that's just what he said. I was also kind of bummed to find out the service advisor I usually use, which was a nice guy, had recently quit. Anyway, at least at my dealer, according to the service advisor I talked to, the Mopar recall website is totally wrong. hummmmmm.....something ain't passing the smell test, but what can you do?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I got mine done last week. Never noticed any difference. Now I’m looking at getting the PCM unlocked while keeping the factory warranty... Only have 1600 on my 18 2500hd 4x4 6.4L C/C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well, I decided to cover my bets and just get a water pump from Geno's garage, even though they were supposed to be on backorder. I guess my timing was good because I ordered it 8 days ago and 4 days ago got an email saying it was shipped and received it tonight.

img_1172.jpg

img_1181.jpg

...nice little hole right where it should be. I wish I could get stuff that quick that isn't on backorder.

2ndA732

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haven't looked for a thread so feel free just to post the link (if'n there is one). Anyway, wtf is up with this my16 tranny locking pin. Thanks, ya'll.

Received the same notice. Not gone in to do the recall, yet. Does anyone know if the 'fix' eliminates the ability to have the door slightly ajar while vehicle is in D or R? This might be done on the flashing of the software. On my '15 Jeep GC they eliminated that ability on my recall 'fix'.

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Had both recalls done on my truck yesterday. I had actually called them because I wanted to schedule them to put on the water pump I got from Geno's. I figured, hell, it's a recall, why should I do the work? Anyway, surprise, surprise, of course now they have two water pumps in stock so they held one for me. They did change mine so it must have been one of the "bad ones" and they did the T-79 recall also. So, now I have an extra water pump. Anyone need one? Or maybe I should just keep it in case of a future problem?

PippinAin'tEasy said:

FYI - here's what I heard about the T-79 transmission recall...

The shifter problem is from some people holding the brake pedal and the plastic interlock pieces becoming overheated from the solenoid being energized for a prolonged period of time. The reprogram will cut off the solenoid after a short time, and you will have to release the brake pedal and reapply in order to shift out of park.

So, if the plastic part isn't broken then they will flash the computer to prevent the problem and you're done with that one. If it's broken it might be a problem to fix, maybe?

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So the recalls are finally being done now??? Gonna have to call my local dealers and find out soon, as I'm thinkin my power steering pump is starting to go by the sounds it's makin when it's cold out (more then it did last winter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk