Red Line Synthetic Oil at Got Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi nick,

How much would 8 qts of redline 5w40 vs 0w40 be? (The red bottle ester based formula with the zddp that burla reccomends to quiet the hemi). I'm not sure which I want to use at this point....trying to decide.

I want to have a little extra just in case.

Thanks

I will send you a message now.

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
another 248 quarts back in stock of 5w30

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Hi nick,

How much would 8 qts of redline 5w40 vs 0w40 be? (The red bottle ester based formula with the zddp that burla reccomends to quiet the hemi). I'm not sure which I want to use at this point....trying to decide.

I want to have a little extra just in case.

Thanks
what one did you pick? im not sure what i want either.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
what one did you pick? im not sure what i want either.

Initially I used 5w40 redline. It was ok, but the oil pressure light stayed on for a few seconds when temps were under 50 or so which concerned me, on cold starts.

I switched to 0w40 redline and that eliminated that. The truck runs good on the 0w40, is not any noisier than on the 5w, it just has a bit less oil pressure full hot, similar to the pup

I am going to stick with the 0w at this point. Some have suggested 5w30, but I have no hemi tick, never did, this is a preventative/longevity step for me and I two with my truck so I want to stay with a 40w oil.

I also went to the royal purple oil filter called for my 6.4 in lieu of the larger one just to take that out of the equation, but I doubt that had any effect.

Good luck. There are many good options out there. These are just my thoughts... @Burla did all the research and work. I just benefitted from it. (Thanks man!)

brad_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interested in a 7 quart package of 5w20 and 2 gallons of C+ATF probably fuel system cleaner too.

brad_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet! Got an order in for the oil and cleaner for now. I will get a hold of you when I change my transmission filter to a synthetic one and get ready for a full drain again. Thanks!

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sweet! Got an order in for the oil and cleaner for now. I will get a hold of you when I change my transmission filter to a synthetic one and get ready for a full drain again. Thanks!

Thank you for your order. It has processed and will ship tomorrow!

Message me when your ready to order the trans fluids. We normally have it in stock

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey @Nick@GotExhaust do you you guys still sell the redline. Is there a discount for the forum? Thank you
We have it listed on our site here

We offer free shipping, no promo code needed. We don't currently offer any deeper discounts on these. There is no real profit margin on this by the time we cover shipping.