Redtruck 2017 PB 11.66@117mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Nice! U planning on spraying it with like a 50 shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haven't given it any thought at this point. Red is a street truck that I want it to be quick and reliable. So far its all good..20171004_123442.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

OLEred03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What radiator are you running? And what tuning software? Nice truck by the way and impressive times.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
What radiator are you running? And what tuning software? Nice truck by the way and impressive times.

Thanks, i've upped the boost since that time along with a full manual vb. I installed a 05 manual trans pcm using cmr tuning. The radiator is a 68' bbc all aluminum with efan. The intercooler heat exchanger is behind the bumper with it's own fan. At cruise it sits on 188. In town with stop and go traffic with the efan running it sets at 192. If left in auto switch mode it cycles 195 to 205. The truck can be operated as a two speed with very nice manners in town.

OLEred03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So with running a full manual vb there’s no need for trans tuning? I’m new to the whole trans tuning thing.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
So with running a full manual vb there’s no need for trans tuning? I’m new to the whole trans tuning thing.

I'm using a Martin Saine built 46rh trans, with the manual vb. There is no electronics. I have ratchet shifter, pull it into 1st, push the lever and its in 2nd, push the lever again and it's in 3rd. Push a button on the handle and it is in od, push the other button, and it locks the converter. Pretty much bullet proof for a 700-800hp street truck.

OLEred03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind of shifter are you running? Sounds like a good set up. I was considering going with a 4L80 but that sounds like it is much easier to do.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
What kind of shifter are you running? Sounds like a good set up. I was considering going with a 4L80 but that sounds like it is much easier to do.

I have a difficult time with shifters always looking for just the right feel and function. Any 3 spd auto shifter will work. And the shifter will also work on a 545rfe. I first used the TCI Fastgate. It has a good feel and function but has no place for buttons. 2nd was a TCI Pro Shifter. Pistol grip with two buttons. Its also a gate shifter. Needs a lever pulled to shift to 3rd gear. And the current shifter is a B&M pro level ratchet shifter. I would like a better feel but it has two buttons on the side of the handle that are out of the way. The ratchet handle remains in the same position regardless of gear and simply ratchets forward or backwards to select a gear. It has a reverse/park lockout thats convenient enough to use. Normal driving with the full manual vb I typically start in 2nd gear and just shift to 3rd and back to 2nd along with using buttons to activate od and lu as needed. Having full control over the trans, always being in the gear you want makes the truck fun to drive.

OLEred03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s very useful to know. I was looking at shifters the other day and was looking for a 4 speed ratchet style shifter to use but if all I need is a 3 speed that makes things much easier to come by. Hate to keep bugging you but I thought that the buttons on the shifter was just a momentary button? Also do you have any pictures of your current shifter set up?

Last edited: