remote start pita

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im all about DIY, if money can be saved then why not.

But the viper 5901 alarm and remote start combo is a royal pain, its 100+ degrees out and Ive spent hours on this install.

Thinking now that I have 99% of the wiring done I could find a shop that would finish the install, maybe tint my windows finally also.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I heard that the writing for alarms and remote stats can be a pita.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The alarm portion is a piece of cake, Anyone here install one?

I think im making progress.

Last edited:

dezertrage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am also stuck on the ignition part of my viper install. I am running a 5601. The alarm works great. But I'm having a hard time figuring out which wires go where. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dezertrage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No just the alarm module. I didn't think I needed one but maybe I was wrong. Also having trouble with the door locks. How did you wire yours?

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No just the alarm module. I didn't think I needed one but maybe I was wrong. Also having trouble with the door locks. How did you wire yours?

You have the 2003 Ram. I have the 2006 so its slightly different.

Got to bulldog security and find the wiring diagram for your truck.

You also need to visit the xpresskit site and enter your truck and year and purchase the bypass in order to make it work. This is a long install so take your patience.

Ive been installing mine for just under a year now and I still haven't gotten the remote start done. Alarm and doors work.

dezertrage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn a year? I was just wondering because I know you have to use resistors. I just do know what size. I have a few different install manuals and cant seem to figure it out. O well if I cant figure it out soon Ill have my tint guy finish it up.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah. I got it Dec 2010, Installed Alarm Portion in Feb 2011, And since then its just been a project confused about haha. I may have my tint guy install the rest too.

dezertrage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea its probably worth it in the end. I wouldn't want to fry my starter or anything else from guessing. Nice truck by the way

dezertrage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
in the instructions it talks about a flex relay and some wires are inputs and outputs. I just need to know if I need to splice into the wire or cut it and have it run through the alarm module. Also what size resistors to use for the door locks.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's really not that hard. The dodges are some of the easier vehicles on the market. What are you having problems with I can try to help.

---
I am here: Google Maps
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully you can help me, I have an 06 ram 1500 sport. Im using the new Viper 5901 LC3 Responder. Im using the CHALL and a CHTH2 cable for the bypass. Connections over D2D, Set to Auto Trans, Tachometer via D2D.

Im not getting a crank.

* When pressing the remote start button the radio now comes on, and other electronics start, and the FOB displays :12 seconds and stays on 12, doesn't start to count down.

* I can feel the relay click (one attached to the ignition wires for the mux relay), the trucks starter doesn't make a sound nor does the engine even try to crank.

* Again, no remote start errors are occurring.

Last edited:

Reesycup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
So it thinks that the truck is running but it really isn't. Did I understand that right? First let me ask a couple of quick ?'s.

1. Where did you get your wire info from?

2. What are you using to make your connections?

---

Last edited:
OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So it thinks that the truck is running but it really isn't. Did I understand that right? First let me ask a couple of quick ?'s.

1. Where did you get your wire info from?

2. What are you using to make your connections?

---

I got my wire info from various installers from the12volt forum.

All of my connections are solid however I am using crimp connectors here and there, soldered some connections, crimp connectors on the relay, again everything is a solid connection.

What wire sends the signal for the starter to crank? I need to start tracing connections, my install is very clean so it shouldn't be hard.