Remote start settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beechguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2018 1500Big Horn. My remote starts turns on seat and steering wheel heat. Is there a way for summer to have it turn ic air conditioning? Haven't found it in the manuals. Thanks

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got a new 2017 Big Horn. The A/C comes on with my remote start. I haven't seen any settings for what comes on. I know on my Avalanche, it used the ambient temp sensor. If it was below 55 (I think) the heat and defrost came on and it was over 80, the A/C came on. I would definitely get that figured out though. I used to think remote start was stupid til I had one. When it's frosted up, remote start and the defroster clears the windshield. WHen it's 105 out, remote start and it's cool when I leave work!

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just leave your AC set and on when you shut off your truck and when you remote start it next time it should come right back on... at least mine does.

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe that you can set them in the main setup screen to come on.. Look in there to adjust them

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Sounds like you have the manual temperature control. To get the truck to turn the AC on automatically, you would have to add the cabin temperature sensor and the windshield humidity sensor, then enable single zone automatic temperature control.
Contact M² Mods for the wiring harnesses needed for the temperature and humidity sensors. You can buy the sensors from AllMoparParts.com Both of them are forum sponsors
You'll also need AlfaOBD to enable it
I did this to my '15 Outdoorsman love it. Not only will it turn on the AC but also the windshield defroster in cold/freezing weather
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/ho...to-a-manual-temperature-control-truck.103456/