Remote starter vendor question

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by cheeseyfella, Jan 1, 2017.

1. cheeseyfella

cheeseyfella Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    hi,

I am looking to fit a remote starter to my truck. It is a 2015 1500 express crew cab. I have been looking at a vendor called Warm Car Now. They have a good kit with additional long range 5 button remotes and the ability to add in smart phone control later. Their YouTube video shows the install with good detail and I have some confidence about buying it. I just wondered if anyone here had purchased the kit and installed it themselves. i have searched for the vendor name in different configurations, but get zero threads. Hence the post...

Does anyone have any feed back about them?

thanks
    John

2. 00R/T

00R/T Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 HEMI
    Buy the Directed 4x10 kit. There is a guy named Doug on eBay that is the go to guy (doug23579 or something like that, I don't remember the exact number). The install is super easy like those videos. Many of us here have bought and installed his kit.

It works with the factory remote (lock 3 times) but I added the SmartStart module to mine to add phone support.

S0CAL likes this.
  3. chopperman1

chopperman1 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Rebel
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI
    S0CAL likes this.
  4. Dbush36

Dbush36 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi

+2 on dougs kit!!! Just installed in my 13 express.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S0CAL likes this.
  5. Tyler Cooke

Tyler Cooke Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I just installed a eBay flash logic kit on my truck, works great, easy install

6. cheeseyfella

cheeseyfella Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    thanks everyone, I have read that a lot of people are using kits from Ebay Doug. My only concerns over using the oem key are.

If you use Key 1 to remote start the car, does the car think Key 1 is in the ignition, therefore prevents Key 1 from unlocking the doors?

And the Range.

I looked at Dougs listing on EBay and to get one with the RF extend kit I would need the 4x10 plus the rf kit which then puts me at ($170+$150) $320 where as the kit Im looking at comes with a Fortin kit with installer and the rf kit included for $205 (inc shipping)

7. Dbush36

Dbush36 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi

Yes key one still works in my 13 after using it to start. I added the smart phone kit to help with range when needed but I didn't want my ram key fob plus another gigantic fob in my pocket. If It had just been a regular key for the ram I would've gone with a longer range Fob. That was my biggest reason for doing it the way I did

8. 00R/T

00R/T Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 HEMI
    In my case, the key I used for programming is disabled when remote start is active. It doesn't matter if I started it with either of the fobs or my phone. Directed indicates in their documentation that this is expected. It sounds like it doesn't apply to trucks with push button start and possibly some others.

I'm the only one who drives my truck so that fob just sits in my safe. I could see it being a problem for people who use both keys, though.

9. Dbush36

Dbush36 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi

I have a 13 express with no push Button start. I am using the dball2 from doug on ebay and when programming the directions have you use both fobs to eliminate that issue. I don't think it is possible with the 4x10 kit.

10. 00R/T

00R/T Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 HEMI

That's a good piece of info. I have the 4x10 in my '13 Express. There is no mention of using multiple keys during programming; just the warning that one won't work correctly.