Remote starter vendor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I want to see if there's a way I can program this so it'll act as an alarm ( I should be ) but also would like it to auto-lock the doors after 5 mins of last door being closed in the truck in case I forget to.

no clue on the fortin units, but the direected 5x10 has an alarm function built in and can do what you want.

JesterTA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
On my 14 express I too used Doug. Brought the D-ball, t harness and FM remote extender. Easy install and I love the way it tells me when it's started. It's a two way system.

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So all in all is the install pretty easy? I actually got a quote from the dealership for factory remote start which comes with a full kit and 2 new key fobs they want $837 for the kit and installation!! I figured I'd check and see what everyone is using for adding remote start. I have a 17' 2500 tradesman (power locks and windows)

Kenai Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So all in all is the install pretty easy? I actually got a quote from the dealership for factory remote start which comes with a full kit and 2 new key fobs they want $837 for the kit and installation!! I figured I'd check and see what everyone is using for adding remote start. I have a 17' 2500 tradesman (power locks and windows)

The install is very easy. I spent just over $200 from Doug43235 on eBay. The module came preflashed. No dealer visit. Nothing out of the ordinary... Highly recommend the DIY on these trucks.

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great post. Thanks for all the information, everyone. I’ve been considering a remote start for my 2012 Express. This helped iron everything out for me. I definitely won’t be going the $800+ dealer route!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk