Removing the rotary shifter dial

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ignitionorange

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ignition orange edition sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Now is it possible to pop off this dial from the back and possibly replace it with something "different" or even to get painted? Is there anyone that makes aftermarket knobs? I have looked and found nothing so I'm thinking you can't?

mattydipps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now is it possible to pop off this dial from the back and possibly replace it with something "different" or even to get painted? Is there anyone that makes aftermarket knobs? I have looked and found nothing so I'm thinking you can't?

you have to take the rotary shifter off the back of the center bezel.. 4 screws i believe.. than you have to take apart the actual shifter encasement to swap out the knobs.. i know there is a thread in here about swapping it out to an all chrome one.. cant seem to remember what was the model that they replaced it to.. was a nice looking knob if i remember correctly...

Malibuz0r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Any idea where to purchase the chrome knob?