Reprogram Body Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beavermosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram Big Horn 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L 390HP
Hey M2 Mods,

I saw in the post about converting to auto climate control that the BCM (Body Control Module) is reprogrammed. There is a fairly common problem with 13'/14' Rams where the door locks stop working, see this thread. The dealer wants $250 to reprogram the BCM, any way around that y'all may know of?

Thx,
Aric

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hey M2 Mods,

I saw in the post about converting to auto climate control that the BCM (Body Control Module) is reprogrammed. There is a fairly common problem with 13'/14' Rams where the door locks stop working, see this thread. The dealer wants $250 to reprogram the BCM, any way around that y'all may know of?

Thx,
Aric

Most dealers only charge an hour labor to "reload/reflash" the BCM configuration into the truck and i suspect only takes about 15-30mins. That price sounds more like 2hrs being quoted. (Any other dealers nearby?)

Reloading the BCM config may or may not fix the issue ... It fixed the randomly working compass heading on my truck (dealer did it). If the reload doesn't work, it sounds like the next step according to posts in the thread you mentioned is to get your BCM replaced and the config loaded to the new one by the dealer.

If you are affected by the latest recall, you may be able to get them to reflash the BCM for free while they are in there.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
B

beavermosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram Big Horn 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L 390HP
Thanks for the reply! I’ve got to head over there because of an under warranty exhaust leak so I’ll see if they can update it. I was really thinking of buying a used BCM from eBay for $80 and just getting the dealer to reprogram it.

What’s the latest recall?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for the reply! I’ve got to head over there because of an under warranty exhaust leak so I’ll see if they can update it. I was really thinking of buying a used BCM from eBay for $80 and just getting the dealer to reprogram it.

What’s the latest recall?
Your can enter your Vin on the Mopar owners site and see any recalls. Hard to say otherwise.

M² Mods.